Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Changes to Aussie Arcade coming on the 21st of December

Collapse

Important information for new (and old) users about the forum.

If you have a question EG: Why can't I do XXXX please read the threads in this section before posting.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was directly under a quote for me, but anyway on with the show.
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

Arcade King I can seem to reply to my own for sale thread in a closed thread as I could before. Is that right? Thanks for your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by punkin View Post
        It was directly under a quote for me, but anyway on with the show.

Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
        Arcade King I can seem to reply to my own for sale thread in a closed thread as I could before. Is that right? Thanks for your hard work.
        Yes mate I've had to scramble for a temporary solution because people could reply to the closed sections. In Vbulletins infinite wisdom...or stupidity they've removed the "Can reply to own thread" option. I've complained about it but I doubt it will do any good so I'm going to have to rethink the For Sale section again.
        You can still edit your thread and if you need a bump let me know or I can move it to the open section.
        Sorry about that, I'll get on it in the next day or two.
        Last edited by Arcade King; 29 December 2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

Yes mate I've had to scramble for a temporary solution because people could reply to the closed sections. In Vbulletins infinite wisdom...or stupidity they've removed the "Can reply to own thread" option. I've complained about it but I doubt it will do any good so I'm going to have to rethink the For Sale section again.
          You can still edit your thread and if you need a bump let me know or I can move it to the open section.
          Sorry about that, I'll get on it in the next day or two.
          Thanks kindly, if you could please move it to the open for posting arcade section it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post

Thanks kindly, if you could please move it to the open for posting arcade section it would be much appreciated.
            ok moved your seat one in there if there's any other let me know.
            I haven't got a chance to look into it, I've just had to have time away from the computer.

Comment

Not sure if this has been asked but I can’t find the setting to change to literal/exact time stamps as opposed to relative ones.

ie. “Posted on 9:35pm dec 31st” vs “posted 2 days ago”

I don’t want to have to try and calculate when the post was submitted when I could just read it.

Comment

I see a bigger issue. 40 people online sitting there and nobody posting.
                Time to close AA down?
                "Always expect the worst!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Koops View Post
                  Not sure if this has been asked but I can’t find the setting to change to literal/exact time stamps as opposed to relative ones.

ie. “Posted on 9:35pm dec 31st” vs “posted 2 days ago”

I don’t want to have to try and calculate when the post was submitted when I could just read it.
                  ok I found this it seems to be a system wide option and not a per user configuration :/

vBulletin Manual

Comment

ok I found this it seems to be a system wide option and not a per user configuration :/

vBulletin Manual
                    Koops So you want it set to normal?

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

Koops So you want it set to normal?
                      In reading that doco I’m not 100% sure what the larger effect would be.

id rather not change it for just one user which was why I was trying to find the per-user option. My guess is that you used to have an add on that added this as a profile field.

having posted marked as “replied 10 minutes” ago is fine but if it says “1 week 4 days ago” I’d have to think about it to know “was this before or after Christmas”.

im on mobile atm so I’m not sure if there is an “on-hover” that shows the time stamp?

edit: ohhh .... it’s changed!

Comment

id rather not change it for just one user which was why I was trying to find the per-user option. My guess is that you used to have an add on that added this as a profile field.

having posted marked as “replied 10 minutes” ago is fine but if it says “1 week 4 days ago” I’d have to think about it to know “was this before or after Christmas”.

im on mobile atm so I’m not sure if there is an “on-hover” that shows the time stamp?

I don't know if users could set it mate I can't remember, maybe they could on the old site? I actually prefer this as well I just never thought of it.
                        Another one ticked off the list.

Comment

Koops I went back to this and set it to the middle option which displays today, yesterday then the time. Any post older than 2 days will display the full date.
                          I think that's a good compromise, makes it easier for me at a glace instead of having to remember today's date.

Comment

i have a question. i uploaded some new pics under my games room thread, it doesnt show up under recent posts on the forum recent tab??? any thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by richierich85 View Post
                              i have a question. i uploaded some new pics under my games room thread, it doesnt show up under recent posts on the forum recent tab??? any thoughts
                              Are you talking about "My Recent Posts" in the top right?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X