Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mike & Shazz’s January 19th meet

Hi all,

Well, it’s finally happening again! It’s time to hold another meet at our place.

After being away for about normal October meet, we’re back!

Thanks to @Ryza for coming through with the Halloween meet this year.

Theres more information on our previous meets in the Melbourne meets thread, so I won’t go over it all again.

Basically, this get together is about having fun playing pinball. I’m not interested in running a competition, but if someone else wants to organise one and run it, I’m fine with that, so long as the machines are available to all.

When:

Saturday 19th January 2019.

Time:

3pm till late (No kids with us, so party on!)

Where:

Croydon area of Vic. Will send out the address closer to the date.

Food/drinks:

Pizzas and snacks provided, as well as soft drinks. I will have some beer available, but BYO your own brand, as well a spirits etc. if that’s your thing.

Pins to play:

• MM – Medieval Madness (original – does that make a difference?)
  • AFM - Attack from Mars (original as well)
  • MB - Monster Bash (also original - new arrival since last meet)
  • TZ – Twilight Zone
  • TOTAN – Tales of the Arabian Nights
  • TOM – Theatre of Magic
  • SS – Scared Stiff
  • IJPOA - – Indiana Jones (Willams)
  • BOP – Bride of Pinbot
  • Pinbot - (is there an abbreviation for Pinbot?)

I don't have any arcade cabs. If you have an arcade or a pin you’d like to bring along, let me know so I can organise some space.

Who can come?

There’s not a whole lot of space in the ‘Pin Room’, but both Pinbot and his Bride, and Indy & Monster Bash are located in the lounge, so a bit more space available there. We will probably need to limit to about 20 – but will see how the response goes.

Judging from the last few meets, people usually have a few games, then have a chat, so we should be OK.

As this is our home, I’m most comfortable with inviting people we’ve met, or have attended the last few meets. If you’ve been around a while and not attended a meet, that’s OK too. If we’ve met at a meet and I just don’t remember (quite possible!), add your name to the list. If we haven’t met, and you want to attend, shoot me a message and we’ll go from there.

We have a patio area that we can use as extra space if required. People can come and go from the house, and the kitchen/dinning area is right next to the patio for food/socializing.

Our house is fully wheelchair accessible, including a bathroom, so if you or your significant other have any mobility or other issues, don’t let that stop you. Happy to discuss your particular needs – I’m sure we’ll have them covered!

Partners / wives / special friends / girlfriends (don’t mess up and invite both!) also welcome.

No promises, but if we find time, we may have a go at creating some name tags again.

Meet Rules

• Drinking is welcome but please drink responsibly. We want everyone to make it home safely, so they can get to the next meet!
  • If a machine breaks or stops working, please let me know ASAP. There’s not much I can’t do to get the game up and running again. Or, there’ll be a few experts here as well I’d imagine.

I will mention those that I’ve met over the last few years. If your name doesn’t appear here, apologies! Please let me know you would like to attend if you are not mentioned.

Any AA interstaters are also welcome – just send me a PM.

There’s plenty of reasonably priced accommodation around.

@Cursed & Moyra Queen of Shots

@tas_tig3r

@Ryza

@mckie1 & @Batman Fan

@gum & Cathy

@toads & @Fairground

@Hashman & Ray

@GORGAR 1

@Genie

@Manny65

@markandsophie

@felixthadog

@RGR

@PinballGod

@Pinmem

@ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma - or something......

@Jesder

@Grimlock

@hotty

@markandsophie

@Skywalker

@wiredoug

@markc

@ddstoys

@Glenn70

@Que200

@Koops

@dirtydaz

Any queries, let me know.

Cheers,

Mike.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Lots of responses! Looking forward to catching up with you all.

I'm in if you will have me

We’ll have you! See you soon.

Ditto

Yep, may as well beat your high scores from last time.... I haven’t come close yet! :)

Yes please Mike, count me in!

No worries Andrew, you’re in.

Great Mike and Shazz. Would love to attend but am working this night. Will try and swap with someone else so I can attend. Will advise as soon as I know.

Would love to see you Glenn. Oh, and some dessert..... :laugh: but just you would be fine too....

We'll be there Mike! Could even get a bus home! :P

Will believe it when I see it, but hopefully! :cool:

Add Moyra and I as well please Mike!

I would expect no less. May even join in the shots as I won’t be driving!

Could you also add Allison and myself please:)

Absolutely. Mmmmmmm.... jelly slice..... no pressure though Allison.

I'll have to play it by ear guys. A lot of balls in the air right now. But a tentative yes? Cheers, and merry xmas!

Hope you sort your balls out and we get to see you Aaron.

Hi Mike and Shaz. I'm in thanks. Always love your collection.

No worries Fab.

Cheers guys I'm in too!

Thanks Daz.

Cheers guys.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
Hiya Mike,

Please count Helen, Matt and me in.

Thanks

Axel

No worries - you’re in!

Hi Mike and Shazz

Cathy and i would also love to come

Thanks Paul. Will be great to catch up.

Hey Mike

I'd love to come along. Do you have room for one more?

I reckon we’ll have room. Welcome!

Address will be sent to attendees during the week.

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike & Shazz, I must work but could finish a little early and make it by about 9-9.30pm.

Any requests for dessert?

Long as you are the one making it mate, I am sure it will be a hit.

I have a very fond memory of eating same amazing trifle at Mike & Shazz's, I could happily relive that memory...:D

Long as you are the one making it mate, I am sure it will be a hit.

I have a very fond memory of eating same amazing trifle at Mike & Shazz's, I could happily relive that memory...:D

Cheers mate. Yes, I think the trifle might make another appearance. But Fab won't be happy.

Cheers mate. Yes, I think the trifle might make another appearance. But Fab won't be happy.

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the offer!

Seriously, whatever you would like to make will be fine.

Yes, the trifle would be welcome to make an encore appearance. Shazz also says that she remembers a few chocolatey cheesecakey things from the meet at your place as well!

Will be great to catch up.

Mike.

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the offer!

Seriously, whatever you would like to make will be fine.

Yes, the trifle would be welcome to make an encore appearance. Shazz also says that she remembers a few chocolatey cheesecakey things from the meet at your place as well!

Will be great to catch up.

Mike.

I reckon that was the individual choc mousse. I can do either mate. A large bowl of trifle or little choc mousse's.

Let me know by Thu. Neither has nuts so Fab can also enjoy.