Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE (PART 12) New Zealand 7TH-10TH MARCH 2019

Hi everyone

This is your personal invitation to attend the next Kiwi Pincade! For newbies, Pincade is held sequentially at various locations throughout New Zealand over four days. This year's cities will be Christchurch and Auckland. Although fine tuning to the timetable will come over the next few months, these things are set in concrete:

1. Starts in Christchurch at 1pm Thursday 7th March 2019 at a commercial location where festivities and a tournament (Wellington Pincade IFPA sanctioned competition) will be held beginning in the early evening. Location is locked in at Arcadia.

2. Breakfast and pinball at a Christchurch host's home from 9am Friday 8th March until 1pm.

3. Fly to Auckland (about one hour's flight time) followed by one gamesroom that afternoon/night. Auckland Pincade IFPA sanctioned competition.

4. Breakfast at the next gamesroom beginning at 9am Saturday 9th March followed by two or three other gamesrooms.

5. All day Sunday at Pukekohe where three huge tournaments will be held. These are the 4th World System 11 Championships, Pincade Classics and also a Belles and Chimes event. We expect around 100 participants for each of the main tournaments so there will be lots of IFPA points if you play well. Both tournaments will be run concurrently with set playoff times for each.

6. I used to arrange transport & accommodation, but unfortunately I can no longer do this, due to sheer numbers. If you can organise accommodation & rental cars for you and your mates, that would be appreciated. A good location to stay in Auckland is around the Greenlane/Newmarket area, as it is pretty central and in the middle of all the event locations, and just off the motorway.

7. There will be a charge to attend like last year. Bronze, Silver and Gold. This helps pay for venue costs, trophies, lanyards and name tags etc. Prices will be the same as previous year's which is $60 to attend the entire weekend. Some breakfasts will be included in your $60. Probably the best deal for a huge pinball event anywhere! Pincade T shirts, hoodies will be available to order, further details to come. I will not accept any Pincade money until 3rd Jan 2019. There will be a late fee charged from 23rd Feb 2109. Details to follow.

8. I get deluged by emails so to separate my AA mail from my Pincade mail, please contact me on kiwipincade@gmail.com. Of course, I'm happy to answer any questions posted on this thread (which may help others as well).

9. Last Pincade was a record year with 160 total attendees including 38 from overseas. I expect more next year.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pretty keen, having been a couple of times I can honestly say this is the best meet in the world. don't mention rugby and it will be a great weekend. :-)

I used to enjoy Mega Meat - Sooo many great memories:D. Like Yee winning a bet and Furballx had to piggyback him around at a gallop.

I used to enjoy Mega Meat - Sooo many great memories:D. Like Yee winning a bet and Furballx had to piggyback him around at a gallop.

From memory, I think I won two or three bets so @furballx had to piggyback me around the gamesroom each time. But I eventually lost, then I had to piggyback him. I'm about 70kg and I think Furbs has got to be over 105kg soaking wet. All I can say is that I piggybacked him as far as I could. My back has never been the same since.

Further info for attendees, If you're in Auckland, I intend to fly 7th March JQ231 departing AKL 1140 and arriving CHC 1305.

Leaving CHC Fri 8th Mar 1400 and arriving AKL 1520.

I can recommend the Christchurch Top 10 Holiday Park for accommodation for the Thursday 7th March.

https://www.christchurchtop10.co.nz/ This is reasonably close to both Christchurch venues.

In Auckland, I recommend booking in the Newmarket suburb (or close by) as there is an all night food caravan in the main street. Newmarket is close to the motorway as we have venues both north and south of Auckland. It's also close to the city.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Visited Arcadia in Christchurch last weekend.

Big ups to Iain and his operation of pins and vids down there. A great place to hang out. The bar owner Matt is a superb host too. My favourite game of the visit was his Seawitch I think. I'm forming a renewed love of the classic Stern's.

I encourage you Aussie's to do the deluxe Pincade weekend and experience the beautiful south ;-)

For the trainspotters...the attached 2 pics were taken on different visits and Iain had rearranged the line up in between...:D

IMG_4709.jpg.d9ec0ce46d7737d2de967a579034b557.jpgIMG_4946.jpg.2338f3e2a91ebcd6408e678b7be8d045.jpg

SIMON

Visited Arcadia in Christchurch last weekend.

Big ups to Iain and his operation of pins and vids down there. A great place to hang out. The bar owner Matt is a superb host too. My favourite game of the visit was his Seawitch I think. I'm forming a renewed love of the classic Stern's.

I encourage you Aussie's to do the deluxe Pincade weekend and experience the beautiful south ;-)

For the trainspotters...the attached 2 pics were taken on different visits and Iain had rearranged the line up in between...:D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]137632[/ATTACH]

SIMON

Am seriously thinking of this. Would love to see Christchurch again!

Duane.

• 1 month later...

Hi team, I know there's not been much traffic on this thread but Pincade is definitely going ahead next year. For those in the know, I have been sick lately but come next March, I expect to be fully healthy again.

We've already planned the venues where Pincade will be, sponsorship is being teed up and designs for Pincade clothing is underway. People that attend every year won't notice anything different.

I just want people to know that Pincade is all go and there's absolutely no chance of any cancellation.

Cheers

Yee.

Great news. Thanks for all your efforts Yee @rocky2 it definitely dosen't go unappreciated. The Brisbane Mafia will be making a return and are excited about this event already. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and are ready to go come March.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Edited by Silver Surfer