Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Chaos in Melbourne City - Ryzas AA meet

f28d2c54ba5614c45c79f08299016622.jpg

Hey,

Time for me to meet my meet obligations! January is going to be very busy for me so its being held in December

I am attempting to combine regular AA meets and 2 x tournaments. I know some believe tournaments and AA meets cannot go hand it hand, but I am here to prove that they can!

When:

Date: 30/12/2017

Time: 1pm till 11.30pm

Schedule

1pm - 2pm: the machines will be on free play

2pm - 5.30pm: I will be running a Flip frenzy tournament with 32 players. . info here - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/91295-Melbourne-Chaos-in-Melbourne-City-Flip-Frenzy-and-Aus-First-Heads-up!?p=1136718#post1136718

Basically there is no waiting around, people will be able to play non stop for 3.5 hours playing 2 player matches against each other. The person that has the most wins at the end of the 3 hours is the winner! This is a great format for people that have never entered a comp before

5.30pm - 6.30pm - there will be pizza etc and all machines available to play.

from 6.30 till 10pm or so: 4 or 6 of the machine will be used in a different room to play a heads up tournament. info here - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/91295-Melbourne-Chaos-in-Melbourne-City-Flip-Frenzy-and-Aus-First-Heads-up!?p=1136718#post1136718

A lot of people won't be playing so there are absolutely no issues with playing 13 or so machines in the main area like a normal meet.

The price of Flip frenzy is $10, and $15 for the heads up.

If you do not want to join in on the tournaments the best time to rock up would be around 5.30pm. The cost would be $0 from 5.30 till 11.30!

If you are interested please let me know so I can get an idea of numbers etc. If you are interested in any of both of the tournaments please get in ASAP!

Machines to play!

Machine list (subject to change)

--------------

Stern - Metallica LE

Stern - Tron LE

Stern - Sea Witch

Stern - Simpsons Pinball Party

Stern - Lord of the Rings

Stern - Star Trek LE

Stern - AC/DC Premium

Stern - Sopranos

B/W - Attack from Mars

B/W - Demolition Man

B/W - The Shadow

B/W - Dr Who

B/W - Twilight Zone

B/W - White Water

JJP - Wizard of OZ LE

JJP - Dialed In! LE

Rules:

- No Shoes in the house. The house is carpeted, sorry!

- No rage tilting machines, These are MY machines in my house. If you do this you will be asked to leave.

- No excessive swearing. Kids are welcome to come to the event so please try to limit swearing even if you where one shot away from xxxx before draining

- You can drink alcohol at my house, thats fine! But no drunken disorderly behavior please.

Food Etc

Pizzas will be provided at around 5.30pm on the day. Feel free to bring some nibbles if you want.

Some beverages will be provided but please BYO if you are planning to drink a lot.

Edited by Ryza

Nice work mate!

I am attempting to combine regular AA meets and 2 x tournaments. I know some believe tournaments and AA meets cannot go hand it hand, but I here to prove that they can!

Actually we know they can. The point was that there are NO meet only get togethers for the people that prefer that, whereas there are comps a plenty...but I digress.

Sadly Moyra and I are out. :(

Edit - No were not! We are in...:041::041::041:

Edited by Cursed

Hey Ryan I'd love to come along! Please count me in for the meet, but out for the tournaments.
No problems mate.

Flip frenzy isn't serious at all. It's literally just playing 2 player games agaisnt people in rotation. I know tournaments can be confronting if you have never done them before so this is why I chose this format!

Updated the first post with logo + better formatting

There are about 25+ people coming so far I will make a list soon

Going to tag everyone who came last year that I haven't heard from yet

@IAMWZL @tas_tig3r @mix_vt_cal @Falcon @nick18121 @mckie1 @GORGAR 1

@The Brownish Bomber <-- lol @hotty @Dirty daz @felixthadog @stirfry @toads @Fairground @nmercury @Skywalker @WhatsJon @Fridgy @Koops @Que200 @Sean 66 @Pinmem @glen70

But of course its open to everyone even if you have never been to a meet before!

Time lapse from last years event! There will be more room this year because some of the pins will be in the garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QzqI6f2QoU

Edited by Ryza

Can't commit at the moment @Ryza. Thanks anyway, if I turn up it'll be to slap you but no comp [emoji38]
No problems. I know a lot of people cannot commit because it's between Xmas and new years and that's the weird time of the year!