Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE (PART 13) New Zealand 5TH-8TH MARCH 2020

Hi everyone

We will be holding Pincade for the 13th year in a row! I have been fielding a few enquiries so even though it's eight months away, some people have to plan ahead.

Consider this a place holder. More details to come later.

It will start in Wellington 1pm Thursday 5th March 2020 and I hope to have two new venues there. While the Moon Bar has been great, Simon has a few ideas which he'll chip in closer to the time.

In Auckland, we'll freshen up the venues. We'll still have a day of comps at Pukekohe but we'll encourage others to host.

Comments or suggestions from past attendees always welcome.

Cheers

Yee.

Edited by rocky2

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately for the first time in 11 years I will have to take a rain check for 1 year in regards to NZ Pincade whilst Danielle and I focus on our June 2020 Wedding.

Have fun but we will be back for Pincade 2021 if that happens:)

• Like 1

The entire staff from the Railways team will be there :D

We are planning to have all team members from Railways including sales, design, research, customer relations, engineering, freight, future development and warehousing all there to enjoy this great event. I hope there is room for all of us. Thinking we should get a large order of team T-shirts.:D

Edited by Railways

There's been a few aspects of Pincade that have popped out and noticed by me. As we've set the date and time, we committed to that but there are still some organizational things that we can still massage so that more people can enjoy themselves.

During Auckland's hosting last year, we had as big a crowd as we have had in the past but at the same Auckland hosts were the same from the previous year's, it felt a bit stale. My hands were a bit tied as there's only so many Auckland venues capable of hosting 60 to 95 people at one time. Hosts have to be willing too. There's no way that I would pressure people to host if they don't want to.

With that in mind, it looks like we have three different venues in Wellington. It's not set in concrete but it's looking good. The Moon Bar and Steve's place have been great but we're trying to freshen the venues up a bit. People who have attended Wellington in the past will probably have three new venues, it's like a breath of fresh air. Simon will chime in when somethings are more definite.

In Auckland, we have a new barcade at 'Save Ferris' which will probably use as a venue. I'm also looking at twisting the arms of a couple in Remuera who haven't hosted in few years to host again but nothing definite about that. It has been suggested that we move the main Pukekohe competition day to Saturday so that people can relax on Sunday as quite a few people take the comp seriously (no problem). However that's not possible if we have very late finishes on the Friday night. That comp kicked off late due to late arrivals due to Jetstar. That's happened 2 out of the last 3 years so next year I'm going to recommend Air NZ. You can still fly Jetstar if you want.

Edited by rocky2

I’ve never caught a Jetstar flight that didn’t run at least an hour late, especially international. Its why I avoid them as a carrier at all costs. You get what you pay for unfortunately, the $30 saving is never worth it (to me at least).

On a sidenote to Air NZ. We've just last week come back from the Cook islands. We did Air NZ to Auckland, Air NZ to Raro, Rarotongan airways to Aitutaki and back to Raro.

BUT

We shouted ourselves to Air NZ premium economy coming back direct from Raro to Sydney. Talk about the lap of luxury - never done premium before but WOW, it was almost as good as the holiday. Nice job Air NZ and it ran on time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am still buzzing from the 10 days of supremely great pinball and arcade in Brisbane. So grateful to all you guys at the BPAC massive to put in so much work and make it run as well as it did. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones...super cool.

Also hanging with my pinball hero Steve "King of Flow" Ritchie was a definite highlight. Spent a decent amount of time with him, and had some good yarns! He told me he didn't think he would do a High Speed 3 though :cry Before I came to Brisbane I was trying to think of a question for Steve that I thought no one had ever asked him before...I came up with the "Don't Flip - Flip" magnet on Rollergames. I remember when this game came out, I was pretty confused about how this feature actually improved anyone's game-play skills - after all, it seemed to me to be a numpty feature! Now we consider it novel and quirky but when the game was new I didn't see why the designer would want to remove the skill of making that shot. Steve's reply was simply: "GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!". He knows that many people come to pinball as newbies, and he tries to make the game as obvious and achievable as possible for these folks.

>> "Don't Flip - Flip!".

I think it's one of the reasons why Getaway HS2 is so successful. It's a hit with new casual players as well as expert players.

As for why the magna save on BK SOR is on the lock down bar, he tells me....few people associate the side magna save button these days, as most players now understand the lock down bar button as the norm. This is also why they use it to start a game, as many people can't even find the flashing button on the front of cab. As for the time it takes to reach the centre button...he says - "Use your left hand". I have found myself doing this anyway.

Anyhooooo...I'm here to talk about Wellington's leg of Pincade 2020.

I am working on a special event for next year. It's something that I've been noodling in my head for quite a while now, when I realised that most of us Welly collectors seem to have a FT. Funny that :unsure

So this is it....thanks to Josh for the teaser graphic. I'll be making tee shirts for this "world class event" too...hehe! For the tees I'll post up the design and take orders nearer the date.

It's going to be held at a new location called Boneface Brewbar where I have some pins. It's a massive space and 30 mins north of Wgtn city in Upper Hutt (where I grew up as a kid). I would suggest finding accoms in Lower Hutt or Upper Hutt or thereabouts. I'll do some research on what options are around.

You can check their website here: They have delicious beers and very good food. https://www.boneface-brewing.com/bars

We shall also hold the Thurs evening comp there too, featuring approx 15 other pins. I'm intending to have a Weds public freeplay night for locals and anyone that arrives earlier.

So...please come to Welly for the extended DeLuxe pincade experience. We'd love to see you down here!

SIMON

FishTalesSymphony_2020.jpg.7cb64c55d71990427a7014d30f31fc0a.jpg

Simonzzz And I discussed the format for the Fishy Comp ... came up with something fun for all.

Players are divided into even groups (10 people max)

All the Fish Tales pins are set up in a long row. They are on 5 balls.

The groups step up to the row of machines ...

3-2-1 go!

First to get MB gets 10 points. Second 9. And so on. If you fail to get it you get 0

Next group steps up - same deal.

Next challenge - get a monster fish.

Next challenge. Get video mode started.

Winner gets a fish trophy and bartabs for 1-4 (subject to confirmation)

That should be good times for allllll. :)

This will he followed by Wellington Pincade 3 Strikes IFPA Comp at around 6pm (ish)

rd

Any word on where will the comps in 6 and 7 March be?

Looking at flights now to try and get some cheap ones!

As mentioned in the first post, Pincade kicks off in Wellington at 1pm on 5th March. This has now been confirmed to be at Boneface which is in the Upper Hutt (a suburb about 30 minutes drive from the CBD). The Friday morning venue will also be in the Upper Hutt at Mark's place so if you're coming to Wellington, you may want to book accommodation on Thursday night in Upper Hutt.

Most people fly to Auckland from 2pm onwards and this year, I'm suggesting Air NZ. I'm going to book my flight soon so I'll let people know. The Auckland Friday night meet will begin around 5 to 6pm (to be confirmed as I have to finalise venues with hosts). Traditionally we have had 3 more venues on Saturday and then the huge comps on Sunday at Pukekohe (about 40 minute drive south from the CBD). We may change Pukekohe to Saturday depending upon what happens on Friday night.

I see you come from Queensland and we have a had a very strong crowd from there the last couple of years, They're very organized with a mini-bus and all stay at the same place. Could some of you Brisbane guys reach out to Saintsmaen please?