No announcement yet.

2x DMD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It definitely sounds like it is running Freezy's DMDDEVICE.DLL, however if you have VirtualDMD set as FALSE then it shouldn't show up - simple as that!

As a work around you can always add extra variables to the DMDDEVICE.INI file to move the Virtual DMD output so it appears offscreen. To begin with, try this:
    [virtualdmd]
    enabled = false
    left = 200
    top = 0
    width = 320
    height = 80

By rights that should hide the DMD, but if it doesn't then it should at least now appear 200 pixels away from the top left corner of your playfield monitor. You can tinker around with those setting to offset the output wherever you want it - negative values can be used for left and top as well, so you can make the display disappear off the playfield to the left and/or top if you prefer.

At the end of the day I found the easiest way to make the Virtual DMD disappear is to use "width = 0" and "height = 0", then it's gone.

**IMPORTANT** make sure there are no typos or extra characters, including spaces, in the lines of the INI file or it will use the default for that variable instead. So if you have "enabled = false " rather than "enabled = false" then it will use true instead!!!

I know it's not a solution, but some times it's easier to resort to an acceptable workaround than trying to figure out wtf happened to stuff it up in the first place!!!!!

Comment

Someone on another forum suggested registry settings might also be the problem. I've looked through the reg, and can't find anything to do with the DMD though.

I've tried making the dmd tiny and moving it off screen, but next time i load it, it's back to being huge again and in the default position. .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
        I've tried making the dmd tiny and moving it off screen, but next time i load it, it's back to being huge again and in the default position.
        So a script somewhere or something is rewriting the settings?
        Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

All fixed FINALLY!!!

JAR sent me some info from Bambi's FAQ (starting to sound like a secret society here lol) and it contained something which fixed it. IN case anyone else ever gets this freaking annoying issue, here's what fixed it:

copy the relavent dmddevice.dll and your dmddevice.ini files to:

windows/syswow64
          vpinmame/dmdext
          vpinmame/pin2dmd
          vpinmame

So after copying the files into those directories, it's got rid of the virtual dmd at last.

After i take a new system image, Back to playing Thanks to everyone who offerred help and suggestions.
          Last edited by Jed; 7th June 2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

All fixed FINALLY!!!

JAR sent me some info from Bambi's FAQ (starting to sound like a secret society here lol) and it contained something which fixed it. IN case anyone else ever gets this freaking annoying issue, here's what fixed it:

windows/syswow64
            vpinmame/dmdext
            vpinmame/pin2dmd
            vpinmame

So after copying the files into those directories, it's got rid of the virtual dmd at last.

After i take a new system image, Back to playing Thanks to everyone who offerred help and suggestions.
            Easy to say AFTER you sorted it out, but yeah, that rings a bell.........

Comment

All fixed FINALLY!!!

windows/syswow64
              vpinmame/dmdext
              vpinmame/pin2dmd
              vpinmame

That is what I meant by "So it sounds as though maybe you need to try downloading the Pin2DMD dmddevice.dll and using it to replace all other copies you have of it (depending on your setup it could be just 1 copy or multiple). "

Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
                That is what I meant by "So it sounds as though maybe you need to try downloading the Pin2DMD dmddevice.dll and using it to replace all other copies you have of it (depending on your setup it could be just 1 copy or multiple). "

Glad you got it sorted.
                The FAQ is very useful ! Now i can almost understand all the READ THE FAQ that goes on in those groups [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

What the hell is Bambi's FAQ?

Comment

Originally posted by legin View Post
                    What the hell is Bambi's FAQ?
                    It's a FAQ that was created by a guy who has a username of Bambiiplatfuss (not sure if I've spellt it correctly) on forums. You can find the FAQ on the Visual Pinball Junkies Facebook group.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Just found the FAQ. Pretty good.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X