No announcement yet.

HD Vs. UHD (4K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% agree spend the money on monitor (and then youíll keep spending but I wouldnít skimp). Also agree monitor has worked out well for me. Iím 32Ē size though.

Not sure on release timeframe mate itís a time thing and a lot of work to pull together. Donít think people realise how many hours are involved.

Comment

All good, from what I've seen of you posting some lighting test videos on other forums, it will be worth it however long it takes. AFM being such an iconic game in real and virtual. Hope you make it a bit harder and truer to real life, I found the real AFM i played at Pinfest a zillion times harder than any of the virtual versions made so far!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Yeah definitely the ones out there are pretty easy

Comment

I have a tv in mine at the moment 1080p Samsung series 5 I think. Itís the newest panel in the house but isnít 4K, and I have a significant bezel left to right in my wide body cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
            Digging up this old thread a year later

I've been running a 1080p Sammy series 6 as my playfield for yonks now but it's showing signs that it might be on the way out soon. Sometimes the display just goes blank in the middle of a game and i lose all the tv settings customisation which is a major PITA. So i'm being forced to think about a new playfield display. I'd love a digital signage panel after reading some reviews for people that have them in their vpin but the cost is too great, so i'll be looking at a used tv panel again.

For people using 4K - what GPU are you using and how is the gameplay experience generally with a 4K display ? my platform hasn't changed for a couple years now, i5 4690k / 4GB 970GTX / 8GB ram and an SSD. I'd prefer not to have to upgrade anything as the good old 970GTX is still running VP10 at high settings perfectly in 1080p, even the new tables with sophisticated lightiing effects and doesn't slow at all even during large multiball play. But am concerned that if i do go 4K it might force me down an upgrade path for everything else eventually....

cheers
            Sounds like caps on the power board...cant imagine it being much different from pc displays? I did one last week...can walk you through it if you ever get around to having a look

- - - Updated - - -

Geez I shouldnt have read this thread LOL...I just decommissioned my 750ti to the HTPC (VP is out of action) and was looking at 1050ti for VP ( i know its bottom end) but I'm like Jed and never spend much LOL. Just bought a new TV for lounge and that killed me @$950 - replacing a free Samsung Plasma running the last 3 years and before that an Soniq 42inch SD set haha
            Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Originally posted by acejas View Post
              Sounds like caps on the power board...cant imagine it being much different from pc displays? I did one last week...can walk you through it if you ever get around to having a look

- - - Updated - - -

Geez I shouldnt have read this thread LOL...I just decommissioned my 750ti to the HTPC (VP is out of action) and was looking at 1050ti for VP ( i know its bottom end) but I'm like Jed and never spend much LOL. Just bought a new TV for lounge and that killed me @$950 - replacing a free Samsung Plasma running the last 3 years and before that an Soniq 42inch SD set haha
              Thanks acejas.... I've never tried to fix a tv power board before. And wouldn't know how to check a capacitor. I guess it's time I learned then, to youtube!

For my Vpin I've bought 2 playfield panels. The first was a 40" Sharp Acquos, a $4000 panel when released (!) that I got for $150 on gumtree. I stuffed it up by dropping the whole panel on it's corner when removing it to get to other things inside the vpin. The 2nd panel was my current Samsung Series 6, again a panel >6 years old (and easy to get cheap on gumtree) but fantastic picture quality, even though it is the older LCD .

I have had this problem before of picture cutting out, last time it was the remote control PCB which i had dangling off the playfield tv and inside the vpin like a fishing line...

how do some of you guys handle the remote control receiver for the playfield so you can still adjust the tv settings ?

Always something with these things to worry about! they keep you busy.
              Last edited by Jed; 12th June 2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Infra red usb receiver/ transmitter, couple of dollars on eBay. attach under the cab the receiver and the transmitter next to the TV

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                  Infra red usb receiver/ transmitter, couple of dollars on eBay. attach under the cab the receiver and the transmitter next to the TV

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk
                  Thanks, cool idea. For years I've been opening the coin door and sticking the remote in and waving it around till i get something. ....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by g5k View Post
                    Yeah definitely the ones out there are pretty easy
                    hey g5k unrelated question, i just updated to the latest vpx beta and now i get flippers that stay stuck on, when i play your latest version of Tron.

Any ideas why that is ?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
                      hey g5k unrelated question, i just updated to the latest vpx beta and now i get flippers that stay stuck on, when i play your latest version of Tron.

Any ideas why that is ?

Thanks !
                      You probably have an old core.vbs lying around. Have to make sure you are running all the up to date stuff. Check through the thread on MB for help on what you may need to update. 2.2 has fast flips code hardcoded.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X