Vpx - nudge - pinscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vpx - nudge - pinscape

Hey, got a problem where nudge will not work in vpx but works in dxview and in vp9 on a zero slope table. I have the same settings in both vpx and vp9 so I'm not really sure what to do. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Post up screenshots of your settings in both VP9 and VPX and maybe that will shed some more light things.
    www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

K, will do tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

I've been shutting vpx down after every change. Tried primarily with Addams, but have also tried a few others.

Thanks, sorry about the photos

Comment

All the key assignments look the same between those two images, except these ones for nudging:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nudge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1818171

And in your second image (which I'm thinking is VPX? on the right hand side on this cropped version) the same key looks to be assigned to both left and right nudge - highlighted in yellow - so I presume VPX won't be able to distinguish between nudges from either side...

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=17316]Arsey[/MENTION], I had changed them to be the same. Key fired nudge is working fine even like this, trying to get the pinscape accelerometer working in vpx.

I read a fix which said to unassign them, then said to try them with the same. It was the only variation tried and I left it as the same. This was one of the last things I tried, previously being assigned to s and d.

I'll give it another go with different keys but any other ideas in the meantime would be great. Thanks

Comment

Can't get this thing to work. Lots of posts about this not working for others. Considering getting Mercury switches and be done with it. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                Can't get this thing to work. Lots of posts about this not working for others. Considering getting Mercury switches and be done with it. Any ideas?

If you pick up the board the encoder is mounted on and shake the *^&$^% out of it, do you see any reaction on VPX tables? I have it set up on a test bench of sorts which is on wheels and is a little rickety, but I am still able to get nudging to work with VPX tables.

I've not heard reports from anyone else who has purchased one for the Pinscape encoders from me of this issue, so it sounds like I'd better look into it a bit further!
                www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Yeah tried that, nothing in vpx. Just can't get the thing to register in vpx no matter the settings I try. The plunger uses the z axis fine btw.

I have also reverted the settings to default in pinscape and tried from scratch. I have a backup of the fresh install, I'll try that and see if it works. Maybe I have changed something inadvertantly somewhere else that effects this.

It's doing my head in.

Product is working fine in DIview and vp9.

Thanks [MENTION=14]OzStick[/MENTION]

Comment

No luck on the old install, keeps all the old settings. I tried a full reinstall with no luck either

Comment

Got it working! Had to set the max to 50 to see anything, will calibrate from here

Comment

It's on 25 max for both and 50% with 5 dead zone. seems to be playable, but will need tuning. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                          It's on 25 max for both and 50% with 5 dead zone. seems to be playable, but will need tuning. Thanks for the help.

Ah good. Once you're done, can you let me know your settings so I can recommend a starting point for others in VPX?

Also, if you need to tweak the plunger all you need to do is run the Pinscape config utility, click on the Plunger icon and run the calibration. You should then be making optimum use of the full range of travel in your plunger. Re your earlier comments about the Low Tension spring, I agree it does lack a bit of feel but I went that way as the standard spring slams the crap out of the slide pot which would break it in no time!!!
                          www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

[MENTION=14]OzStick[/MENTION] can you get the nudge controllers without the plunger ?

If this way of nudging in vpx gives you more nudge ability I would be keen, as button-fired nudge seems to have very little effect in vp10.

I used to use mercury switches but found them way too slow to be of any real use.

Comment

Originally posted by OzStick View Post
                              Ah good. Once you're done, can you let me know your settings so I can recommend a starting point for others in VPX?

Also, if you need to tweak the plunger all you need to do is run the Pinscape config utility, click on the Plunger icon and run the calibration. You should then be making optimum use of the full range of travel in your plunger. Re your earlier comments about the Low Tension spring, I agree it does lack a bit of feel but I went that way as the standard spring slams the crap out of the slide pot which would break it in no time!!!
                              I've been calibrating it through there. I'll use diview and see if the wiggle is the slide pot or just the way vpx interprets it.

I might also make use of setting a calibrating button to do it on the fly. Do you know if you can set a dead zone for the slide pot?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X