Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cabinet Mode for Pinball FX2

Jed

Question

This was a funny one, so I've been trialling 'other' pinball apps in my pincab, after playing Visual Pinball exclusively for years, but kind of annoyed with the direction it has taken with vp10, so looking at other stuff.

Most recent to try in cabinet mode was Pinball FX2. (Pinball with extra cheese and hot sauce.) The app has a section where you can 'send a request' to get a code for cabinet mode, so you can have DMD on another display, and a backglass. So I clicked the 'request code' button.

A couple of days later got an email from Zen Pinball's Community Manager asking me why I wanted Cabinet mode ? Well, because I have a cabinet (duh...)

Another day or two delay from the timezone difference and another email came back 'can you send us a picture of your pincab' I though wow, but Ok - took a pic and sent it.

Another day or two delay, get a reply 'thanks for the picture. Where is this Pincab located ?' by this time I'm almost ready to give up, but I restate it is in my garage with my real pinballs. And finally after about a week of trying all up, I got the code. Hooray. I've yet to try it out, a weekend job.

Quite a lot of hoops though, they clearly are worried about Pincab manufacturers/retailers profiteering from their software. Not sure why they don't just offer a licenced option?

8 answers to this question

I was going to try Pinball FX2 out but don't know if I can be bothered with this now.

If you just want to try it out, you don't need the whole cabinet mode codes shenanigans, you can just rotate your main display 90 before youlaunch, and it does pretty muich the same thing, just no seperate display for DMD or backglass.

Does anyone else have a problem with a flipper staying stuck in position with PInball FX2 ? my right flipper always stays stuck up, until the ball gets onto it, then I can flip. makes the game pretty hard to play.....!! it's only FX2 I have this issue. VP, TPA both fine..

I haven't had the problem Jed. Maybe check key bindings and reset them or Windows sticky keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thought it might be the YOHO version I got, but I got the genuine version off steam too just to check, and it does the same thing there.

windows sticky keys, good one. i will check that next time I'm at my cab. I have already tried rebinding, and I'm not getting any weird characters when I just load notepad and press the right flipper button.

I am really liking The Walking Dead, and SouthPark I think is a more fun game than Sega's Southpark.

The tables all seem to be pretty easy, compared to VP or TPA. Much more forgiving, makes for a pretty long game...