What's the largest LCD that fits in a standard Williams Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the largest LCD that fits in a standard Williams Cab

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I can't find the answer when searching .

I have an empty Flintstones cabinet and bought one of those Dick Smith 39.5" TV's for it, but it's too small for my liking .

What's the largest TV I can go in that cab, even if I have to de-case one?
    - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious

That's about it .
    maybe another inch but ain't going to be noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brownish Bomber View Post
      I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I can't find the answer when searching .

I have an empty Flintstones cabinet and bought one of those Dick Smith 39.5" TV's for it, but it's too small for my liking .

What's the largest TV I can go in that cab, even if I have to de-case one?
      As discussed when you came over to see me, it's really a matter of taking a tape measure to a few TVs to see what will physically fit.

It's generally said that a decased 40" LED TV will usually fit into a standard width cab, otherwise consider routering a notch into the inside of the side panels to create a little extra width - maybe an extra 5-7mm per side. It's doubtful a 42" would fit and I've not seen anything in 41" so you're probably stuck between the 39.5" DSE and a yet-to-be-found 40" LED.

Just out of interest, how much side clearance do you have in that cab with the 39.5" DSE panel??
      www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by OzStick View Post
        Just out of interest, how much side clearance do you have in that cab with the 39.5" DSE panel??
        Zero clearance! And I will need to cut the remote sensor off or cut out a notch in the cab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TV1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1808875 Click image for larger version

Name:	TV2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1808876

I'm messing around with the idea of installing an old monitor bracket with a swivel in the cab and attach this tv to is so when I need to work in windows, I can lift and swivel 90 deg instead of having to work sideways like you do

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1808878
        - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious

Comment

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ld-take-awhile

This what angus has done. Maybe get some more details in what he did to decasing the bezel
          Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X