Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Game 10 VPGl9 VPX Fathom [FINISHED]

Next up is Dedroks pick of Fathom

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the final table, and will run for two weeks and will close at midnight on Sunday November 12

It is an honesty system, please only post high scores that you have got since September 2017, please ignore your previous high scores, we are only playing for fun.

This comp is for VPX only

Scores will be updated in this post.

Post as many times as you wish. New post (containing your score, not just in the pic) for every new score please.

Dedrok 14,452,420

Wob 8,569,390

JustAnotherRat 3,754,630

Acejas 1,905,730

Jed 1,753,610

JustAnotherRat 1,562,450

Kane 1,562,100

Skids 1,488,280

Mrbungle 881,440

Edited by skids

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something to get the ball rolling.

With 3 options, standard, vintage and led mod, Just wondering what table everyone prefers? At the moment I am just using the standard one.

1,485,1005ddc1551eb3b144fd8499f26d044892c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm usually cautious of beta tables, how does it play?

It plays great, really fun. I'm having an issue with the upper deck flippers not working, but I haven't updated my version of VP for a while either, could be the reason.

Vintage/LED do play a little different to the non-mod version, but can't say if they are harder/easier.

I seem to get worse the more I play this table, anyone got any tips beyond the instruction card?

3,068,5309c966e5326e4aaee586a0244000adba4.jpg

I really wish I new what I was doing on this game, at the moment it's just hit/release the traps, repeat.

Why do the traps sometime let go before I've hit the drops? What do I do to trap without the drops coming up? Do I want to retrap the balls after release? Where am I even scoring.. I have no idea :)

Vintage Mod

0be4bb7276f6205340e00d463a3cb728.jpg

I really wish I new what I was doing on this game, at the moment it's just hit/release the traps, repeat.

cool, i haven't tried that yet :D You have 3x my score but i was just going for A-B-C repeatedly for points and 1-2-3 in sequence to get the EB lit... might start to do some cave hunting.

I did work out the 1-2-3 EB, but I'm rubbish at collecting it in time. I think there is another after X number of ABC's but it doesn't seem consistent. But still no idea of the deeper rules with the traps, or where the big points are.

With my real life fathom it depends on the settings for the lagoon and cave traps. One setting will release the trapped ball after every drain and the other setting will hold it in for the next ball played, whether it be yours or another player. The latter option is what mine is set to so it's imperative if you lock it in a trap you've got to make damn sure you dig it out and don't leave it for the next player to dig out. If you're playing by your self it just stays there until all 3 inlines are dropped.

You can drop the blue or green inlines by either hitting the 3 respective drops on the left or directly up the trap and knock one down at a time which is also your bonus mutilpier.

If you get both ball up to 5x and you loosed two balls during multiball it doesn't really matter as the 5X on both will keep scoring until you've drained the last ball.

To get the EB you must hit 1 - 2 - 3 in order and then hit the orange stand-up on the right which is usually a timed shot of about 10 seconds.

Hope that's some help.

Thanks for the tips, I had works out some of that, bust knowing about the multipliers should help.

Do you know what the advantage is for relocking the ball a second time? They go in but drops stay down, when you hit them they say help me, If the alternative trap is also locked you can release both by dropping it's targets, but I have managed to lock both with drops down, but I lost the ball before I could work out what to do next.

When you hit a multiball back in the lock and the targets stay down, the left target banks corresponding targets release the ball again.

It's actually bad to lock it as the playfield multiplier turns off.

2x pf with 2 balls in play

3x pf with 3 balls in play.

The xtra ball spot target lights the spinner for 5000 per spin.

ABC lanes light the bumpers and

2nd time, left in lane lights

3rd time, right inlane lights

4th time, special lights (ABC special pays an extra ball)

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it is starting to make sense.

I can stop trying to relock balls, I assumed there was some payout if I managed to relock both and release again.

Now, I'm not saying I have enough control with 2 or 3 balls in play, but what should I be shooting for? The spinner/ABC or the left drops?

Also, how do the multipliers work, there is green/blue, does that correspond to the relevant colour left drop target values?

Wob

But where are the actual multiplier applied to? Do they stack, or does the green and blue apply to different spots?

And where are the best points found during multiball?

Feel like a total noob in this table [emoji16]