Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VPGL5 - Game 1 - WORLD CUP SOCCER '94 [FINISHED]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by kane View Post



    When the ball stops up near the goal for a penalty kick, the goalie should start moving back and forth, can't miss really.
    Yeah this is the thing, my goalie just sits there on the left, doesn't move at all making the free kick impossible. All it does is build up the super goalie bonus as he's making so many saves! Maybe its my rom, what version are you using Kane ?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jed View Post
      Maybe its my rom, what version are you using Kane ?
      This table -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=6767

      This ROM -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...s&showfile=296

      Comment


      • #18
        Just to clarify something here... there are free kicks and penalty kicks but I don't think you are meaning either as I misunderstood what you were getting at to begin with.

        Your problem is when you pass the ball up to the top where you press the flipper to take a shot but the goalie isn't moving, is that correct? If so I have no answer.

        If you are meaning when you get a penatly kick and the commentator says, Penalty Kick, then the goal keeper does move to the left and stay there and you should be able to shoot past him from the bottom flippers. If you pass the ball up to the just in front of the keeper at that point, (I think) he should then move.

        My understanding of a free kick is that when it lights up (near the final draw hole) then you shoot your ball at that for bonus points.

        Someone may correct me with what I have said, but I think I am (at least close to being) correct.

        Comment


        • #19
          4,414,793,790

          I played this game on the Night Mod version Jed said he is using. I have only played the one game and am not willing to say that it is an easier table but some shots are easier to hit while others are very different. I'll have to play more games to work out which one is easier but the PC I am running seems to have slight jittering on the ball in the Night Mod table.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
            4,414,793,790
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]89650[/ATTACH]
            I played this game on the Night Mod version Jed said he is using. I have only played the one game and am not willing to say that it is an easier table but some shots are easier to hit while others are very different. I'll have to play more games to work out which one is easier but the PC I am running seems to have slight jittering on the ball in the Night Mod table.
            One game for 4 Billion, nice!

            I'm glad this version is easier, I'll stick with it then

            I find the left ramp pretty easy to hit continuously, that leads to easy captures and multiball etc

            Are you finding the same thing with the goalie though, he sticks to the left hand side of the goal ?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jed View Post
              One game for 4 Billion, nice!

              I'm glad this version is easier, I'll stick with it then

              I find the left ramp pretty easy to hit continuously, that leads to easy captures and multiball etc

              Are you finding the same thing with the goalie though, he sticks to the left hand side of the goal ?
              The goalie worked fine for me.

              Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
                The goalie worked fine for me.

                Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                Could you please let me know your ROM ?

                I figure most of my roms are old. WHen I first installed VP about 4 years ago, I downloaded one of those megapacks, so most of my roms are still from that original pack.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jed View Post
                  Could you please let me know your ROM ?

                  I figure most of my roms are old. WHen I first installed VP about 4 years ago, I downloaded one of those megapacks, so most of my roms are still from that original pack.
                  I'll have to check when I am home.

                  Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by kane View Post
                    Seem to get a lot of extra balls on this table too, I reckon Dedrok will be able to break 10bil easy
                    Awesome 1st ball .... finally sorted my shot to the striker award to get extra balls.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Table 01 WCS94 reduced 1st ball.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1811681


                    43 WCS94 91x v1.05 DT

                    18,983,955,770

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Table 01 WCS94 reduced.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1811682
                    The Artist Formally Known As #1

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jed View Post
                      Could you please let me know your ROM ?

                      I figure most of my roms are old. WHen I first installed VP about 4 years ago, I downloaded one of those megapacks, so most of my roms are still from that original pack.
                      It's named wcs_l2
                      Is that what you need?

                      Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
                        It's named wcs_l2
                        Is that what you need?

                        Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

                        yes thanks mate. i just checked mine and it's the same, so i think I will try a different table version or something. sometimes the goalie moves really slowly like he's shaking, and sometimes normally back and forth. Maybe he's just fed up witjh this HEAT.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jed View Post
                          I'm glad this version is easier, I'll stick with it then
                          I am not convinced it is easier. Different shots are easier, but I played 4 or 5 games this afternoon on it and couldn't score for shit then I played one game on the other version I am running and got 3+ billion so it might just be my lack of ability and the occasional lucky game.

                          I gave up in frustration tonight, I just couldn't play a decent game. I would get 1 - 1.5 billion first ball and follow it up by not even scoring 2 billion total.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I had a few games tonight on my very basic setup. Not sure what table I am using but it is a drain master if you hit it half way up the left ramp. Also it takes a really annoying kick into the left flipper.
                            Pretty happy with the score though.
                            3,271,200,170



                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jed View Post
                              yes thanks mate. i just checked mine and it's the same, so i think I will try a different table version or something. sometimes the goalie moves really slowly like he's shaking, and sometimes normally back and forth. Maybe he's just fed up witjh this HEAT.
                              Try deleting your Nvram
                              The Artist Formally Known As #1

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by rusty_dagger View Post
                                I had a few games tonight on my very basic setup. Not sure what table I am using but it is a drain master if you hit it half way up the left ramp.
                                don't forget the nudge buttons

                                [MENTION=8741]Dedrok[/MENTION] thanks, I'll try what you suggested. Though its been way too hot to head out to the shed last couple nights.
                                Last edited by Jed; 25th February 2016, 04:49 PM.

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X