Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL4 Game 10 - Taitos ICE COLD BEER

?k for the last game I thought why not something a bit different that still uses that steel ball... When I first saw this come up on VPForums i thought WTF and didn't bother for a while... but installed it recently and it's pretty damn addictive. There's a similar game called Zeke's Peak but this is about BEER, so it gets the nod.

Apparantly this was sited in the US in Bars mainly, and if you completed the game, you win a free Beer. Cheers!

VPGL4 Game 10: Ice Cold Beer [3 Balls]

http://s18.postimg.org/wh7p1x1i1/icb.png

Full Screen table: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11020

Desktop: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11019

ROM: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3551

Here's a quick vid on what the story is with the real machine:

* Play desktop, full screen, whatever you prefer, but keep version to VP9.x

* Ice Cold Beer will end Sunday September 27

GAME ON !:066:

SCORES:

1/ JAR: 1,390

2/ Kane: 900

Edited by Jed

Ha, didn't know this was emulated, I don't see why not I suppose. Can't wait to play it.

The author said he really struggled to get the feel and action of the rod and ball right looking at videos of the real machine in action, i reckon he nailed it :)

• Administrators

Just gave this and Zeke's Peak a go whilst updating my cab. The authors done a damn good job. My only complaint would be that the ball drops in when close even when it obviously shouldn't.

Brad

• Administrators
Don't know if I'll bother with this one. I don't have magna save (or nudge) buttons on my cabinet only analogue nudge. I could give it a crack on the desktop version I suppose.

It only uses the 2 flipper buttons as far as I'm aware. Left to raise left, right to raise right. Play way.

Brad

Just gave this and Zeke's Peak a go whilst updating my cab. The authors done a damn good job. My only complaint would be that the ball drops in when close even when it obviously shouldn't.

Brad

Yeah and that fact makes it even trickier... I'm not sure how vpin emulates a ball, is it a sphere, or a square that only looks like a sphere ? IE in terms of collision detection, it seems to behave like a square. If you get my drift.

I've been sick as a human for the last week or so but hoping to get some pinny time this week and start posting up some scores.

It only uses the 2 flipper buttons as far as I'm aware. Left to raise left, right to raise right. Play way.

Brad

If it's playable I'll give it a crack but this is the information provided on the download screen:

The rod is controlled by the Flipper keys (Up movement) and the MagnaSave keys (Down movement).

Remark:

- the game is running without the table ROM, so You need no more files to play

- at the top of the script there is a section to define the DIP switch settings, as I found no decent way to create a menu without using pinmame.

- You can set the game to free play and hide the Highscore sticker. The scores will be saved in Your User directory also if the sticker is not visible (..\Visual Pinball\User).

- there is an option to switch the Flipper and MagnaSave keys, if You feel the need

- if Your cabinet has no MagnaSave keys, You can either update Your hardware or try the new DoubleTab feature. Double tap Your respective Flipper key for the down movement

(to keep the initial grace time before a rod meovement to a minimum, please try to find the lowest DoubleTapTime, that is working for You)

• Administrators

Actually I forgot all about that. I've just been using up and being careful. It's been over 30 years since I've played an original but from memory it was controlled with 2 joysticks, each having up and down options.

Brad

Actually I forgot all about that. I've just been using up and being careful. It's been over 30 years since I've played an original but from memory it was controlled with 2 joysticks, each having up and down options.

Brad

See first post

• 1 month later...

Brad

Yes it is. We are working on a new "real" version of this game.

• 3 months later...
5 I think.

That's my sticking point.... From there on it gets tough!

Ive had some games tonight on genie, sorcerer, and abra ca dabra - that last one is an ongoing battle between me and a friend for ownership of the post it note high. A few months back he ended up buying a real abra ca dabra based on the fun of the vpin version. His first pin too.