Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL3 Game 4: Scared Stiff [FINISHED]

SCARED STIFF

http://s21.postimg.org/whobkwp7r/maxresdefault.jpg

This table will be played until 9pm Sunday 16th February

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...

- No user-modded tables allowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)

- No buy-ins or continues

- Vpin V9.x must be used

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself - this tourney is just for fun, to play and learn about tables in a casual tourney format

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please

If you haven't nominated a table and want to - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices

Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

3 Balls

ROM:

Standings:

1. Dedrok: 1,827,242,980

2. Kane: 189,699,080

3. Jammasized: 108,807,840

4. Krusto: 78,829,120

5. JustAnotherRat: 69,441,940

6. BananaBoat: 54,934,240

Edited by Jed

You're just sitting back laughing aren't you?

No, I wouldn't do that. Just watching you guys havin fun learning this pin. :)

I probably will post some ridiculous scores though.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a quick warm up to see how it plays with 9.90 though

1626589070_Table04scaredstiff91xJPv1.44(9.90).thumb.jpg.165a6f21cd82fb4c530c5db33a887c11.jpg

No, I wouldn't do that. Just watching you guys havin fun learning this pin. :)

I probably will post some ridiculous scores though.

I enjoy this game when I play it as I believe it is intended to be played but have also realised that there are better ways of scoring more.... much like when playing in the MGL playing the games in a different style often rewards you with more points. For me, the competition style of playing isn't as enjoyable as just having a go a lot of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to watch you (Dedrok) play some games of a few tables so that I can see your style. I might have to attend some comps just to watch sometime.

I enjoy this game when I play it as I believe it is intended to be played but have also realised that there are better ways of scoring more.... much like when playing in the MGL playing the games in a different style often rewards you with more points. For me, the competition style of playing isn't as enjoyable as just having a go a lot of the time.

That hits on why I dont play so much in mgl any more. i like to play for fun in arcade now and not straight pattern learning, points chasing. pinball being much more random, with chaotic elements that make every game different.

most tables i will just have a crack at, and learn as i go. though for you to get that score in pacland (on your sig banner) you must have followed some sort of systematic approach ? thats what i think all high scorers have in common.

this is a great resource for watching pros play, gameplay and tutorials vids. some cool techniques you can learn..

http://papa.org/

Edited by Jed

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to watch you (Dedrok) play some games of a few tables so that I can see your style. I might have to attend some comps just to watch sometime.

I played lots of vp and real pins for just fun over quite a few years, but then learned ways of just point scoring.

Vpinball like arcade games basically do have a pattern, though not as easily recognized, and over time can be learned if you play enough.

2nd time I've ever managed to get the spider wheel finished

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table04scaredstiffspidermania(90.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, you sure you're not blocking the drain and outlanes in VP?

took a pic with the ball trapped before I let it go .... (no drain blocks) :) ... had enough and was hungry.

525,450,790 (9.1x)

this was a proper playing game ... plan to chase down my Cab score from a couple years ago.

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table04scaredstiff91xjpv1.44trapped.jpg

2091015681_Table04scaredstiff91xJPv1.44(9.12).JPG.7a43190ccdc7f8e1086d437dae8a7539.JPG

Amazing score Dedrok !

I got my sound issue sorted last night, so I had a crack. Best I could manage was 22 mill so I have something of a ways to go yet :)

I think some tips would be good for this table ?

Oh and if you haven't yet, checkout the new version/s of Addams Family that dropped in the last couple of day - Regular, Gold, and Physmod. They are absolutely superb !

Amazing score Dedrok !

I got my sound issue sorted last night, so I had a crack. Best I could manage was 22 mill so I have something of a ways to go yet :)

I think some tips would be good for this table ?

Tip #1 : Consecutive ramp shots build to a value of 450K and can pay off to add some quick score.

Tip #2 : Skill shots build by 250K and max out at 2.5M .... make them count.

Tip # 3: Monster Multiball makes ramp shots worth 1M so they add up quick, so finish all those modes and get "Scared Stiff"

Oh and if you haven't yet, checkout the new version/s of Addams Family that dropped in the last couple of day - Regular, Gold, and Physmod. They are absolutely superb !

With the things like the nudge and the squashed ball limiting how you can have view settings in VP10, I think I , (and lot of others) will be sticking with Physmod and 9.

So it's good that they will be still releasing them. Now I have a finishing standard to update to.

Yep me too for VP9 / Physmod all the way, though it does seem like (very) early days for VP10 beta so it may change with enough community feedback. Seems to me that the tables in VP9 and their physmod counterparts have got pretty damn good now. the VP graphics engine can't really compete with professional products like Pinball Arcade, some of recreations in that look deadset amazing, I've been running them in cabinet mode on my pincab and the playfields look superb but without backglass and DMD support, it's never going to be a contender. They've said cabinet support is coming but doesn't seem to be a priority.

I do also like the idea of VP as a community, and the enthusiasm and dedication of the designers and modders, something you just can't get in a paid product like Pinball Arcade.