Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL2 Game 8 (final game) - Close Encounters

VPGL2 - Table 8 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zzs0ld.png

This table will be played until November 30tth

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...

- No user-modded tables allowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)

- No buy-ins or continues

- Vpin V9.x must be used

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself - this tourney is just for fun, to play and learn about tables in a casual tourney format

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please

If you haven't nominated a table and want to - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices

Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

1. Cruiserman 1,915,670

2. Dedrok 1,590,210

3. Jammasized 1,555,530

4. Kane 1,009,340

5. AnotherRat: 618,450

6. Stevoz 417,900

Edited by Jed

First crack at it 417 900, using VP9.9.1

http://vpforums.org/imghost/124/ce_t.jpg

Couldn't abide by the flawed backdrop settings, so I had to adjust those to get it to render correctly on a 1920x1080 monitor, here are the settings I feel provide the best POV.

http://vpforums.org/imghost/124/ces.jpg

I'm sure this one will be clocked I got most of that score on one ball.

Last nomination is one of mine :) This machine used to be at our local drive-in when I was a teenager and I have a lot of memories around it. Often would miss a lot of the start of the second movie cause of this Pin.

We could fit 2 in the boot of the car back, fold down the back seat once we got a spot and hey presto 3 admissions for the price of one :D

Yeah Spielberg is a Romantic at heart, smiling and friendly aliens, not at all like this little fella, 5 bonus points in this round to whoever names the movie this Alien is from first....

http://i.imgur.com/LcdxuqW.jpg

All said and done or otherwise this is the latest version..

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6736

or FS

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6735

Not to put too finer point on the matter but those other builds were for VP8 and although they may play just fine in VP9, does that count?

Except perhaps this one, still an earlier build mind...

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6009

Either way I think the latest is really the greatest and the version to play.

VP9 tables we're playing this comp, otherwise Foot would have smashed everyone at Bride :)

Eh, either way do yourself a favour. :)

Try the latest version and adjust the desktop version backdrop settings as I posted. ;)

Eh, either way do yourself a favour. :)

Try the latest version and adjust the desktop version backdrop settings as I posted. ;)

Cheers, but I play full screen in my cab only ;) Plus I think this Serpiko/Pinuck creation is one of the masterpieces of Vpin - for mine. Just looks fantastic Full screen in a cab and plays so well, I just think they nailed this.

Had a cracking game just now, PB

Firts pic, about to roll, ball 2, extra ball lit.

http://i58.tinypic.com/eijqma.jpg

Game over at 1,478,410: 4 extra balls in this game.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2el74oh.jpg

and @CruiserMan gets the 5 extra points !

I'm not getting any extra balls here, in the F6 menu my "Game Mode" is set to "Replay" instead of "Extra Ball". Should I swap it over?

Well that should totally blast your score into outer space cause EB's are pretty easy on this machine - yeah, set it to Extra Ball fer sure.

Well that should totally blast your score into outer space cause EB's are pretty easy on this machine - yeah, set it to Extra Ball fer sure.

Really, no that's just not on, even set at replay, extra balls are still very possible. That's how the real game was usually setup.

I'm not getting any extra balls here, in the F6 menu my "Game Mode" is set to "Replay" instead of "Extra Ball". Should I swap it over?

Kane could you clarify please - when your game was set to 'replay' and you completed ABC and then hit the star on the roto-target when extra ball was lit - did it give you a replay, or an extra ball ?

Kane could you clarify please - when your game was set to 'replay' and you completed ABC and then hit the star on the roto-target when extra ball was lit - did it give you a replay, or an extra ball ?

I was getting a lot of replays, but not sure when or why. Wasn't getting any roto extra balls, sometimes got an EB when I went through the left outlane, don't know why.

I was getting a lot of replays, but not sure when or why. Wasn't getting any roto extra balls, sometimes got an EB when I went through the left outlane, don't know why.

If you had xball lit at the roto star, a left out lane counts as a hit to the left roto target.

What roms are people using. Should at least be using the same roms, even on different tables. Delete or move the Nvram and it will reset the rom to default.

It's possible I might just be unclear on how to collect the extra ball, it's the left roto target, correct? Or does the star have to be at the left position as well?

I put it back to replay mode and hit the left roto when lit and it did give me an extra ball. Same game next ball I hit it the same and no extra ball :unsure

It's possible I might just be unclear on how to collect the extra ball, it's the left roto target, correct? Or does the star have to be at the left position as well?

I put it back to replay mode and hit the left roto when lit and it did give me an extra ball. Same game next ball I hit it the same and no extra ball :unsure

Then again you are not playing the latest version which most likely fixes any such abnormalities.

Actually I had the same deal here though on a out-lane, most likely a emulation issue, still either way setting special to extra ball is just plain wrong.

Prior post edited, ya quick kane. :)

Though it is what it is...I have had a few extra balls all the same, so it is possible.

That said I'm going to delete my .nvram file and that may well be the fair playing field.

I can confirm at least the left out lane drain did award the extra ball roto value, never got a chance to hit it. :(

Additionally also the left star roto hit awarded it also. :)

Edited by StevOz

Yeah so just to clarify, like I said, have the option set to extra ball, not replay, that is the way this will be played.

Game on :)

To award extra ball (left roto) and special (right roto) the star has to be hit to award it. Special should be a replay as is beating a score. Extra ball should only be collected from a star hit on left roto.

A left or right drain is also awarding a hit to the corresponding roto.

And possibly the top lanes do the same (am doing this from memory)

A, B and C lite the 10x value of the corresponding roto targets. So 500 target is worth 5000 when hit and so on.

Yeah so just to clarify, like I said, have the option set to extra ball, not replay, that is the way this will be played.

Game on :)

Really?

OK whatever, now that explains your score, though really that's not how it was or should be played, still no problem expect this game to be clocked at least twice or thrice.

game on indeed!

Oh are we going 3 ball or 5 ball then?

Though got to say your killing the challenge, realism and calling things upon your own whim.

Edited by StevOz