Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vpgl2 game 6 - lord of the rings

VPGL2 - Table 6 - LORD OF THE RINGS

http://i.imgur.com/qHp7vBV.jpg

This table will be played until October 31st

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...

- No user-modded tables allowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)

- No buy-ins or continues

- Vpin V9.x must be used

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself - this tourney is just for fun, to play and learn about tables in a casual tourney format

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please

If you haven't nominated a table and want to - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices

Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

GOOD LUCK !

PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 2,625,395,700

2. Cruiserman: 299,366,180

3. Kane: 250,681,050

4. Foot: 176,024,570

5. StevOz: 134,082,200

6. Jammasized: 54,967,910

7. Matty_g_8: 47,276,620

8. MrBungle: 41,320,360

9. Another Rat: 19,157,740

Edited by Jed
updated to post #35

Long time since I played this one ... this ones the reason I started buying Sterns .... starting with LOTR. :) Now to try and have a crack at my old scores.

LOTR 91x v2.4 (using 9.12)

not a bad start

369428698_Table06LOTR91xv2.4(9.12).thumb.jpg.d0c194d3955eb46ce183ad3dd070edf9.jpg

I think I first set this to 5 ball games... How do I delete all my top scores ect and reset the balls to 3?

Go to your > visual pinball > nvram folder and either delete or copy the nvram (lotr.nv) to your hi scores folder.

When you start a new game it will be factory default setting.

Go to your > visual pinball > nvram folder and either delete or copy the nvram (lotr.nv) to your hi scores folder.

When you start a new game it will be factory default setting.

Thanks will try when I get home... Love this table was what got me first into visual pinball.... Must say I'm no way in your league

• Super Moderator

Almost a PB on the good old desktop. I tried to destroy the ring twice in this game and spent about 4-5 minutes each time and failed on each occasion, shoot me now

370609444_LordoftheRings2.1.jpg.a90651554c5fa42d92f4a5dd39abe801.jpg

Got to start somewhere .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70679[/ATTACH]

Started out with the version that has the full background behind the table as the translite picture . The ball was getting stuck at the exit of the left ramp and making a horrid buzzing sound . Would do it every single time .

Ended up switching to the version with the timber look floor in the background and all good .

Not quite up there with you Edy , but know what you mean about frustrating .

Had everything done except for hadn't completed ROTK multiball ( just like on my real LOTR .. :x )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70810[/ATTACH]

Destroyed the Ring a few times in that game and managed to beat my personal best :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70811[/ATTACH]

Mission accomplished :) ... Doubled my old Cab hi score and smashed the desktop scores.

Valinor twice, thought I had the 3rd one but hadn't finished one of the multiballs.

Started @ 1:16pm .... finished @ 3:44pm

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table06lotrvalinor_t.jpg

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table06lotr91xv2.4(9.12)reduced.jpg

That's an OK score, I suppose... :o

No good scores to speak of from me, but I did destroy the ring pretty quickly ->

http://home.exetel.com.au/kanem/pic/vgl/ringchamp.jpg

Nice :)

I messed up one of my shots and ended up with 17 sec .... old highest is 16 sec.

I think 4 on the fly shots and then direct ring shots can do 12 secs .... the 16 sec record, the first ring shot didn't pay.

My only real gripe with this table is the overlapping modes, seems you can have 3 modes (or maybe more) active at once, and then one of the 3 main multiball modes starts up and you've got no idea what's going on.

Oh, and could the elves please deliver their gifts to me rather than making me go and get them :rolleyes

http://home.exetel.com.au/kanem/pic/vgl/lotr02.jpg

Scores updated ! @MrBungle the only reason you're holding the Wooden Spoon is I haven't played to take it off you yet :)

So a bit of a windows 64 bit update on my cab and it shagged everything up. All tables started throwing controller errors. Couldn't play anything any more ! I took an image of the PC before I did though so I just restored back to trhe old 32 bit and it's all good again. Not sure why all my tables suddenly wouldn't work though :unsure