Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL2 - Table 3 - JUNGLE QUEEN - [FINISHED]

@MrBungle from the Jungle says come play my nomination:

VPGL2 - Table 3 - Jungle Queen

This table will be played from Sunday 31st August to Sunday 14th September 5:30pm

rsz_jqueen3.jpg.937b791f3ebb2fe7228e7ed14f088742.jpg

click for bigger image

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...

- Games will start on Sunday night, and go for 2 weeks

- No user-modded tables allowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)

- No buy-ins or continues

- Vpin V9.x must be used

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself - this tourney is just for fun, to play and learn about tables in a casual tourney format

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please

If you haven't nominated a table and want to - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and they will be added them in. Added in. I'lladd them in. You know.

Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

GOOD LUCK !

PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 661,630

2. Cruiserman: 465,800

3. Kane: 388,430

4. Jammasized: 245,940

5. MrBungle: 202,330

6. Matty_g_8: 182,710

7. StevOz: 158,460

Edited by Jed
update score to post #51

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok first up, well I couldn't find a desktop version and I just have to play the latest and it does look amazing, no easy beat to be sure, hi score is on the sticky note right side of the apron..using VP9.9 with my GTX660 nvidia settings to the max, that's an 85% .jpg compressed screenshot btw. :)

http://vpforums.org/imghost/124/jq_t.jpg

Yeah, I could only find one table for download and I can't get it working, says it can't open core.vbs (the download came with a new core.vbs but both give the same error).

I started playing Medieval Madness instead :confused:

Hmmmm....I didn't realise there wasn't a desktop version of this table available :(

Unless we can find a solution, I might have to generate a new table selection. I do know these are able to be converted to desktop as that's what @Dedrok seems to do sometimes ?

Let's see what turns up over the next day or so :)

Oops, sorry about this team! Nominating a non desktop table, who would have thought?

As the nominate, I don't mind a redraw? But that might undo some fine work going on behind the scene?

Edited by MrBungle

OK guys . I'm fairly new to all this virtual pinball stuff so may need some help here .

@StevOz I downloaded the file from your link , extracted the table file and saved it in my Virtual Pinball / tables folder .

When I start it up the actual table seems to load OK but when I click on the Table / Play tab instead of it loading and starting the game I get this error message :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68470[/ATTACH]

Any tips on what I'm doing wrong or what I need to fix .

Also is there a ROM to download for this table ?

The cabinet version is just so nice ! Both looks and plays great, and the backglass also a gem.

Pretty pi**-poor score, but early days...

I might have a go of the desktop version too just for fun, and to compare scoring.

20140901_202513.jpg.fed69f470e2e003f8ae549b1255e556a.jpg

The cabinet version is just so nice ! Both looks and plays great, and the backglass also a gem.

Pretty pi**-poor score, but early days...

I might have a go of the desktop version too just for fun, and to compare scoring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68472[/ATTACH]

I miss the 46" BG of the cab ..... this would look so nice

OK sorry to be a pain guys .

@Dedrok I changed that setting to False .

Get the table to load and play , however it doesn't register any score in the tab thingys off to the side .

After 3 balls ( is this meant to be a 3 ball or 5 ball game ?? I'm assuming default is 3 ) I get this screen :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68482[/ATTACH]

:unsure

Get the table to load and play , however it doesn't register any score in the tab thingys off to the side .

After 3 balls ( is this meant to be a 3 ball or 5 ball game ?? I'm assuming default is 3 ) I get this screen :

Default settings should be 3 balls. Sorry, I should state that in the first post, I will do from now on..

That is an error I've not seen before. Hopefully @StevOz might have an idea ?

- - - Updated - - -

I miss the 46" BG of the cab ..... this would look so nice

My Dredded cab is 2x40", but 2x46" would be insane :) I am thinking of using a 46" for the backglass, just to get the proportions looking better, I still have a little room left to play with.

This is a windows permission error you must have VP set to run as admin, right click the VP.exe and set to run as admin.

Yes it is set to run at 3 balls by default, though the error you get is a windows permission error and occurs because it is trying to save the score to a file.

New score and I now have the B2S enabled and resized for desktop usage...;)

You just need to edit file ScreenRes.txt thus..with notepad

Info here...

Steps to install and run the Active backglass.

--------------------------------------------------------------

- This application requires that .NET Framework 4 is installed on the computer.

If it is not installed, it can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7&displaylang=en

- Copy the files Tablename.vpt, Tablename.exe, ScreenRes and b2s.vbs to your Tables folder.

- Enter the resolution of your screens into the ScreenRes.txt in the following format:

X-resolution of the Playfield display. (must be the same as in VP/Preferences/Video Options)

Y-resolution of the Playfield display. (must be the same as in VP/Preferences/Video Options)

X-Size of the backglass display.

Y-Size of the backglass display.

Display number (1 - 3). The screen that you want the backglass to be displayed on.

X-Position of the backglass display.

Y-Position of the backglass display.

You can now start the backglass.exe by double clicking on it.

Start the table as usual from vp.

If you do not want the backglass to be started automatically, edit the table script and change the line:

LaunchBackGlass "backglass_name",true --> LaunchBackGlass "backglass_name",false

End result..

http://vpforums.org/imghost/106/jq3_t.jpg

Actually...

Seems a better fit..;)

http://vpforums.org/imghost/106/jq4_t.jpg

Edited by StevOz
new score

I had a crack of the desktop table last night just to compare against full screen play. Had about 3-4 games and did worse on the desktop version ! Just couldn't cope with nudging on a keyboard at all. Fingers felt like unco claws trying to hit the nudge key.

Wonder if anyone can roll this..