Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 18 - Game 5 ~ Theatre of Magic - Closed

GAME 5.... And we have are about to be amazed...

VPGL 18 - Game 5 ~ Theatre of Magic

Nominated by VPGL legends, kane, yogo and Jed

​235577727_IMG_0431(Small).jpg.4cb9508df59c60ed073f0322f69edd35.jpg​​

Theatre of Magic was released by Midway in 1995 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Concept by: John Popadiuk

Design by: John Popadiuk

Art by: Linda Deal (aka Doane)

Dots/Animation by: Brian Morris, Adam Rhine

Mechanics by: Jack Skalon, Ernie Pizarro

Music by: Dave Zabriskie

Sound by: Dave Zabriskie

Software by: Jeff Johnson

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44000

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/...gic-bally1995/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...s&showfile=299

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 20 June 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will have that magic touch?

[gs]1U1SSlsf3Y-omMqiPPaOanbA-pHsFsszDAeK48qaMnwY[/gs]​​​

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 4

I feel as if I can improve my score in this game, unlike the other game (Olympics) we are playing at the moment. I am absolutely hopeless at that!!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2213676}[/ATTACH]

I hear you…

74114422_PXL_20210611_100208132(Small).jpg.936fc92bc53267a61a5f82d9580ef23f.jpg

Played 4 or 5 shit games and thought that it was going to be one of those days... I then managed to get to the Grand Finale on ball one. with two extra balls up my sleeve. I didn't manage to play as well for the rest of the game using the rest of the balls to get to the Grand Finale again. Definitely more points to be had (as JoeSoap has already shown) but that's enough for me for now. I good fun game in my mind and well recreated as well as having a sensational DMD colourisation.

• Like 3

Had a nice game but the misses is struggling with this one 2,365,055,000

Tell the Mrs that I find hitting the chest much safer from the left flipper for the most part, not that it's super dangerous from the right, but there is less chance of draining from the left and you can catch it and hit is again. Other than that, it is a game that you need to dial in your shots. Try to understand what you are shooting for and what it will unlock for you.

• Like 1

Tell the Mrs that I find hitting the chest much safer from the left flipper for the most part, not that it's super dangerous from the right, but there is less chance of draining from the left and you can catch it and hit is again. Other than that, it is a game that you need to dial in your shots. Try to understand what you are shooting for and what it will unlock for you.

I try not to give her to many secrets as she’ll end up beating me…but she does watch me a bit to pick up secrets…..but as you said dialling in your shots is not her best strength 😂🤣😭🥺😩 I’ll be in the shit know

• Like 1

Had a good game, 2 Grand Finale finished with a final score of 10,016,023,840. Turns out the score rolls at 10 billion so my final score came out at 16 million only :rolleyes

Mate... well done... we trust you... do you have a screenshot of the score?

Game 5 comes to an end.

Theatre of Magic saw quite a spread of scores with kane breaking the 10 billion and taking 1st place for the 5th game in a row in this competition. Will anyone be able to beat him on any game? JoeSoap takes 2nd place with another huge score. PPLBob just missing the podium with another big score.

Well done to everyone on this game with big scores all around.

Capture.PNG.dd6cd2bfab01ed32a1485cf2490f8528.PNG

No time for a game? That's a shame.

Thanks mate. i appreciate your thoughtfulness. Ive been grinding away doing the Shovel Knight Graphics/sound and lighting Mod. I just wanted to get it out of the way and Im happy to say that Wizball messaged me last night and confirmed that he's happy for it to be released. Aussie Arcade have the opportunity to see it before the rest of the world as I posted it it in the VP project section. See if the troops can work their magic in this puppy. Heheheeeeeh. :D But oh no there had to be a cost and unfortunately I missed this incredible game. :cryI tried to download last night and ran into trouble with the tom_14hb rom. Comes up with a U222 error(I think). Ill look into it today. Keep up the good work mate. This is a fun competition and Im still very much a part of it.

• Like 3