Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 17 - Game 9 ~ Eight Ball Deluxe - Closed

​ ​ GAME 9.... And we're going for the 8 ball...

VPGL 17 - Game 9 ~ Eight Ball Deluxe

Nominated by VPGL legend, PPLBob

​1942374751_fffffff(Small).jpg.785bb938a1690864c5ceea637b7a1423.jpg​​

Eight Ball Deluxe was released by Bally in 1981 and it is a 4 player Solid State pinball machine.

Design by: George Christian

Art by: Margaret Hudson

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=12580

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/...tb2s-b2s-db2s/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/...7-eballdlxzip/

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes ANZAC day, Sunday 25 April 2021, Midnight Sydney time.

3 ball is default for this game so that is what we are playing.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will be the greatest pool shark?

[gs]1EjvjmK64Nprv501TesNOZmTYxpNL-HlXYvCXonS512s[/gs]​​​

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 3

Not as brutal as the VP9 version we played last time, but still...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"8balldeluxeVPX.jpg","data-attachmentid":2202469}[/ATTACH]

This is one of my favourites, I've been playing it off and on for a couple of years. That's a bloody good score Kane, hard to beat that. I haven't updated this table for a while, has it changed recently? I'm running this version: Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1981)_Bigus(MOD)1.0.vpx

• Like 1

Man, you guys are setting the bar high!

I've been playing this in VR and it's freaking amazing ���, but, I'm having issues getting the scores displaying in VR, I'm a a n00b to this brave new world, so hopefully I can get it working...

• Like 2

I haven't updated this table for a while, has it changed recently? I'm running this version: Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1981)_Bigus(MOD)1.0.vpx

I'm using what is linked in the first post, Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1980).vpx

This is one of my favourites, I've been playing it off and on for a couple of years. That's a bloody good score Kane, hard to beat that. I haven't updated this table for a while, has it changed recently? I'm running this version: Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1981)_Bigus(MOD)1.0.vpx

I’m playing that version as well physics seem a lot better....unable to get anywhere near your score..

Man, you guys are setting the bar high!

I've been playing this in VR and it's freaking amazing ���, but, I'm having issues getting the scores displaying in VR, I'm a a n00b to this brave new world, so hopefully I can get it working...

Sounds very interesting. Do you play with 3D goggles.

Sounds very interesting. Do you play with 3D goggles.

using an Oculus VR headset, it is jaw-dropping how good VP tables are, rendered in a full 3D virtual space - like you are standing in front of/playing the actual machine. Unfortunately I can't play this game in VR cause i still can't get the score displaying. Still trying to figure it all out. Was playing Tron Legacy in VR last night and wow, just wow.

With this game sometimes i feel like I'm flailing away and not hitting anything at all just keeping the ball alive. First game over 2M. hope to get to 3M by the end of the week

image-2021-04-19-162949.png

Edited by Jed
  • Like 1

using an Oculus VR headset, it is jaw-dropping how good VP tables are, rendered in a full 3D virtual space - like you are standing in front of/playing the actual machine. Unfortunately I can't play this game in VR cause i still can't get the score displaying. Still trying to figure it all out. Was playing Tron Legacy in VR last night and wow, just wow.

With this game sometimes i feel like I'm flailing away and not hitting anything at all just keeping the ball alive.

That sounds incredible. I’ll have to look into it. Cheers Jed