Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 9 ~ Scorpion - Closed

GAME 9.... and we're in a mythical land...

VPGL 16 - Game 9 ~ Scorpion

Nominated by VPGL legend, jkp0317

775939281_scorpionfm(Small).jpg.bae3cbabc9c6315c99146696e184013e.jpg

Scorpion was released by Williams in 1980 and is a 1-4 player solid state pinball machine.

Design by: Barry Oursler

Art by: Constantino Mitchell, Tony Ramunni

Sound by: Larry DeMar

Software by: Larry DeMar

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=11754

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpdb.io/games/scorpion

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...s&showfile=779

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 22 November 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who can tame the beast?

Scores

[gs]1Zr3s7MDUhyGWV6QB514MUe_R8So42Lz5P3UrCF0j6nc[/gs]

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 2

599,610 ..... Just when you thought that there was nothing more frustrating than Paragon! I've never seen outlanes so freaking hungry! Thank god I don't have to pay real money to play this one cause I would have broken the bank on this one so far.

0dba4b59663a40f2e59b9aafe5494ddc.png.8df68d5daa0e1153be054f801c37cb58.png

• Like 1

401940 is it only my table that feels like that this table dishes ups some serious over spin. This game has a serious a zooter and leg break and I can’t pick the flipper or the googly. I feel like Dale Callaghan facing Shane Warne. :o gotta love that crazy motion. :lolthink it’s because of the 0 inclination. Any spin results in some sideways movement,over spin or back spin. I like the game concept but i haven’t worked out how the two head sea monster is related to the game play.

6365A072-2B85-4F10-811A-2595D53B9F23.thumb.jpeg.db33f95fb858fd5bac24211d95ec4804.jpeg

• Like 1

413120 I like the game play. Old school and very retro. I Agree with you crackers the left lock is tricky and PPL Bob that the right lane is like a vacuum cleaner. The lower playfield flipper angle seems to hang low which I’m not a fan of. Not sure if anyone has played the wide body machine and if the flippers were like that on the mechanical machine. I like the top playfield spinner it’s fun to spin that lit at 1000 points09493087-2D87-4DD8-98C7-39E9B579BEDC.thumb.jpeg.eb07fa983960f3973f07285990fcb77f.jpeg I
  • Like 1

949,810 I’ve adopted the same strategy as PPL Bob. I’m just trapping and playing the upper playfield as much as possible. I’m finding the outlanes are like vacuum cleaners unless I trap and aim. Funny about that. Maybe I did learn something from paragon. :lolslow learner. 1E22A49B-1B50-4C48-A56C-98E8A4F7E483.thumb.jpeg.968b34fa5bd9336001075edc2be06a44.jpeg
  • Like 2

With pinfest this weekend I'm not sure I'll get another go on the vpin, see how I feel come Sunday, but I'd be pretty happy not to play this again, even with tips from the master I can't work it out. I also don't like how it plays, maybe I need an update but the physics are a little meh.

6d2ec43436cbae433bda884778af801d.jpg

• Like 3

With pinfest this weekend I'm not sure I'll get another go on the vpin, see how I feel come Sunday, but I'd be pretty happy not to play this again, even with tips from the master I can't work it out. I also don't like how it plays, maybe I need an update but the physics are a little meh.

I'm not crazy about the physics either..... I don't think I've ever Shatzed the inlanes so much on any pin trying to get those damn locks - most of the time I get them by dumb luck.

You guys are so lucky being able to play in any kind of tournament. We've had nothing since March and now Pinburgh is gone for the time being unless some sort of miracle happens. You all have been great to play with but I truly miss being around real pins and meeting great people.

• Like 3

I'm not crazy about the physics either..... I don't think I've ever Shatzed the inlanes so much on any pin trying to get those damn locks - most of the time I get them by dumb luck.

You guys are so lucky being able to play in any kind of tournament. We've had nothing since March and now Pinburgh is gone for the time being unless some sort of miracle happens. You all have been great to play with but I truly miss being around real pins and meeting great people.

Pinfest is just a social play rather than a tournament, but great fun, they have had to scale back and delay a little with COVID but I'm glad to have it in any form this year.

Hopefully you see a return to some kind of norm soon.

• Like 1

The playfield physics are ridiculous. Playfield elasticity is rediculously bouncy. Normally expect around 0.02. Playfield friction so high to slow the ball down gets ridiculous spin. Normally expect 0.02. I tried to understand these a little more and in the end concluded that the best physics adjustment was to reduce the playfield elasticity to 0.2 and the elasticity falloff to 0.1. Very different to what we played in this comp.

• Like 1

The playfield physics are ridiculous. Playfield elasticity is rediculously bouncy. Normally expect around 0.02. Playfield friction so high to slow the ball down gets ridiculous spin. Normally expect 0.02. I tried to understand these a little more and in the end concluded that the best physics adjustment was to reduce the playfield elasticity to 0.2 and the elasticity falloff to 0.1. Very different to what we played in this comp.

I might give that a try post comp, or just never play it again 😂