VPGL 16 - Game 9 ~ Scorpion - Closed

Collapse

VPGL Tournament 16

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

732,280 ..... And one more inlane would have got me second place..... Story of my life - day late, dollar short.

Comment

Comment

1,434,750 Managed to get the spinner lit on 2 of the 3 balls and got plenty of rips on it. Adopted the up top all day strategy on this game and it kinda paid off - I think I only had 2 multi-balls.

Comment

949,810 I’ve adopted the same strategy as PPL Bob. I’m just trapping and playing the upper playfield as much as possible. I’m finding the outlanes are like vacuum cleaners unless I trap and aim. Funny about that. Maybe I did learn something from paragon. slow learner. Click image for larger version

Name:	1E22A49B-1B50-4C48-A56C-98E8A4F7E483.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	2177047

Comment

I'm on the board.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	scorpion.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	2177121

Comment

With pinfest this weekend I'm not sure I'll get another go on the vpin, see how I feel come Sunday, but I'd be pretty happy not to play this again, even with tips from the master I can't work it out. I also don't like how it plays, maybe I need an update but the physics are a little meh.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wob View Post
                With pinfest this weekend I'm not sure I'll get another go on the vpin, see how I feel come Sunday, but I'd be pretty happy not to play this again, even with tips from the master I can't work it out. I also don't like how it plays, maybe I need an update but the physics are a little meh.

I'm not crazy about the physics either..... I don't think I've ever Shatzed the inlanes so much on any pin trying to get those damn locks - most of the time I get them by dumb luck.

You guys are so lucky being able to play in any kind of tournament. We've had nothing since March and now Pinburgh is gone for the time being unless some sort of miracle happens. You all have been great to play with but I truly miss being around real pins and meeting great people.

Comment

Originally posted by PPLBob View Post

I'm not crazy about the physics either..... I don't think I've ever Shatzed the inlanes so much on any pin trying to get those damn locks - most of the time I get them by dumb luck.

You guys are so lucky being able to play in any kind of tournament. We've had nothing since March and now Pinburgh is gone for the time being unless some sort of miracle happens. You all have been great to play with but I truly miss being around real pins and meeting great people.
                  Pinfest is just a social play rather than a tournament, but great fun, they have had to scale back and delay a little with COVID but I'm glad to have it in any form this year.

Hopefully you see a return to some kind of norm soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

The playfield physics are ridiculous. Playfield elasticity is rediculously bouncy. Normally expect around 0.02. Playfield friction so high to slow the ball down gets ridiculous spin. Normally expect 0.02. I tried to understand these a little more and in the end concluded that the best physics adjustment was to reduce the playfield elasticity to 0.2 and the elasticity falloff to 0.1. Very different to what we played in this comp.

Comment

Originally posted by RusstyT View Post

The playfield physics are ridiculous. Playfield elasticity is rediculously bouncy. Normally expect around 0.02. Playfield friction so high to slow the ball down gets ridiculous spin. Normally expect 0.02. I tried to understand these a little more and in the end concluded that the best physics adjustment was to reduce the playfield elasticity to 0.2 and the elasticity falloff to 0.1. Very different to what we played in this comp.
                      I might give that a try post comp, or just never play it again 😂
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the latter for me , as it wont be on my cab after sunday night

Comment

Mrs Moz 263680 that’s the best she could do the Physics on this machine so frustrating....I’d love to play the real machine it would be fun Click image for larger version

Name:	BCB7FAC1-F008-40D6-B6F0-EE0D6A91B656.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	2177819

Comment

I’m working on a mod to stop the ball draining so easily and roll better on the table. I’ve opened up the lock lanes brought the targets forward which are crucial to getting the game to work. I also adjusted the bottom field flipper start angle which is unnecessarily steep. At least with this mod I can identify which shots to take with less risk. I really like the game play now I can set up 5x bonus which carries over to other balls. I’d be interested in making it available on google drive to see what people think. The table dimensions and position also have an impact on how the ball drains and opening up shots. Of course I do not use modded games in the comp. my goal is to learn games and if possible have games that work well.

Comment

Originally posted by RusstyT View Post

I’m working on a mod to stop the ball draining so easily and roll better on the table. I’ve opened up the lock lanes brought the targets forward which are crucial to getting the game to work. I also adjusted the bottom field flipper start angle which is unnecessarily steep. At least with this mod I can identify which shots to take with less risk. I really like the game play now I can set up 5x bonus which carries over to other balls. I’d be interested in making it available on google drive to see what people think. The table dimensions and position also have an impact on how the ball drains and opening up shots. Of course I do not use modded games in the comp. my goal is to learn games and if possible have games that work well.
                              Sounds like you're all over it, I'd be keen to give it a crack. Have you checked what the author stated re mods? You could release or at least give back to the author to have the fixes incorporated, then it would be viable for a future comp

We have also fixed tables in previous comps that where not playable without a fix, it just needs to be early enough for everyone to get it, install and play.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you're all over it, I'd be keen to give it a crack. Have you checked what the author stated re mods? You could release or at least give back to the author to have the fixes incorporated, then it would be viable for a future comp

We have also fixed tables in previous comps that where not playable without a fix, it just needs to be early enough for everyone to get it, install and play.
                                Just tidying up some graphics Wob and I’ll post a link later on. I’d like some feedback on how it plays and looks on different cabs and if it’s worthwhile putting in more work to tidy up the table graphics further. Ill cross the bridge on Authorisation and loading for future use if we think it’s worthwhile. Its a great game and after struggling for two weeks I thought it would be nice for our forum to be able to make shots and get the game to work. Lots of left and right flipper and dead ball work is needed and it’s no where near as difficult as Paragon. It takes me a while to work out these games because I’ve played very few mechanical machines and I’ve only been to one pinball arcade since I was a kid. I’ll get quicker. I also fixed the Taxi carry over passenger script and table povs to open up that shot. I’ll make that available as it takes that game to a whole new level. Cheers mate.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X