Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 8 ~ Attack From Mars - Closed

GAME 8.... And we're fighting Martians...

VPGL 16 - Game 8 ~ Attack from Mars

Nominated by VPGL newcomer, Yogo

384756838_full(Small).thumb.jpg.4d62fe2b4bf6618f0abdee518f5e6d31.jpg

Attack from Mars was released by Midway in 1995 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Concept by: Brian Eddy

Design by: Brian Eddy

Art by: Doug Watson

Dots/Animation by: Adam Rhine, Brian Morris

Mechanics by: Robert C. Friesl

Music by: Dan Forden

Sound by: Dan Forden

Software by: Lyman F. Sheats Jr.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7wxlk5iJgB_PTM

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7wxlk5iJgB_PTM

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=1340

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 22 November 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will save the cities and become a hero?

[gs]19gLFGR3LaxsHVbSvSBhU9X-LmnhaOgwUpWchPNotEko[/gs]

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2175805","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_159890_1604839154730_28"}[/ATTACH] 6,733,780,250

99dec95a317b75f28e5634981aa9e294.thumb.jpg.70f0a2930275ece66a6bc30ae13a045c.jpg

Edited by Yogo

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2175851","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_159898_1604839081806_736"}[/ATTACH] 11,382,007,970

4ad1d80f72263a348e069eaf7f1f93bb.thumb.jpg.0b6bb3f1022b9f94b9e79a0824f9fb8e.jpg

Edited by Yogo
  • Like 1

This table is the Daughter's fave on her cab. Cannot beat her on this, 133 odd martians, and 80 odd billion. (she has the vp9 vers though)

The VP9 version is much easier. The G5K is the most difficult VP version (but the best), but still not (in my experience) as difficult as the real thing, but I guess that depends on the real machine.

• Like 2

The VP9 version is much easier. The G5K is the most difficult VP version (but the best), but still not (in my experience) as difficult as the real thing, but I guess that depends on the real machine.

I’m running the G5k I think it looks the closes to the real machine ...but man it plays fast

I think it's much (and I mean a crapload) easier than the only real one I've ever played.

Have scored 14 bill on the real machine once, spent 3 hours on it one night and only spent 6 bucks. replay was only 5 billion.

14,235,786,500 Just getting warmed up on this version......

On a side note - has anybody experienced any issues with the force field (3 target bank)? I played the g5k version linked above just fine the other nite - today I go to play it and the force field is down as soon as the game starts and if I shoot the ball up there it acts like it hits it but doesn't register any hits. i tried a fresh copy of the game, deleting the nvram... nothing seems to fix it.

ad3e3e3812aa5f01ef99f015551b8d5d.png.414d66385c791f46c2472658a9f37b06.png

• Like 2

On a side note - has anybody experienced any issues with the force field (3 target bank)? I played the g5k version linked above just fine the other nite - today I go to play it and the force field is down as soon as the game starts and if I shoot the ball up there it acts like it hits it but doesn't register any hits. i tried a fresh copy of the game, deleting the nvram... nothing seems to fix it.

Nope... no problems here.

Same here no problems at all

That version (I assume it's the JO version) is a tonne easier.. in this competition that is allowed though so fair game.

jpsalas - graphics remaster by Brrad1X

2.1.0 GR

I honestly liked the g5 version as far as playability - the strobe multiball in this version is like a deer in the headlights - you can barely see the playfield.

UPDATE!!!

I was finally able to "fix" the problem kinda ..... I went into the settings and then chose TEST - then I did the motor test and waited till it raised the force field then exited out of the test. Then I was able to start and play the game. Strange thing is everytime I close the game (even if the shield is raised when I close the game), I have to go back in and do the motor test all over again when I open the game again..... very strange.

Edited by PPLBob
  • Like 2