Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 6 ~ Paragon - Closed

GAME 6.... and we're Barbarian Heroes...

VPGL 16 - Game 6 ~ Paragon

Nominated by VPGL super couple, mozzie & mrs mozz

1491878296_IMG_3298(Small).jpg.53e111d3f55a5d175a38e0906a38cf05.jpg

Paragon was released by Bally in 1978 and is a 1-4 player solid state pinball machine.

Design by: Greg Kmiec

Art by: Paul Faris

Notes: 'Paragon' is the first widebody production game from this manufacturer.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/paragon-bally-1978/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pa...ternate-wheel/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=7319

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 8 November 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who can save the very calm looking lady in the bikini from a flying lion?

Scores

[gs]11MQBubZHf54jv2anl-XYm8mr33jfGkdvWC2XSXKT9Qw[/gs]

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day I owned a few pinball machines and this was the first woo hoo..

ive a story to tell about this machine..

I was a brickie back then and was building our first home we were living in the bottom of the house while I was building the rest of the house...I was going to get it all done before we were married then move into the top once married..the bottom was a 2 bed unit type thing small kitchen etc which did have all my pinnies in it later on once married anyway I bought this machine me and me mate moved it into the back room and the misses had shit stacked here there everywhere...stuff this so I picked up all her crap and threw it else where not taking any notice....man I had my first pinnie...I was excited we were playing away and home she comes have a look at this ...I said.... well the four letter words that come out of her mouth she’s was pissed and I mean pissed not about the pinnie but I hurled the wedding dress vail all that which was wrapped and not seen..Jesus Christ she went off my mate just took off I received an ear full all night I thought she was going to leave me..but she calmed down and enjoying the machine and where both here laughing about it now

• Like 4

Mozzie Love this game 593,340

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2172576}[/ATTACH]

WOW, big score. I have only managed 140k so far. Yet to find the points.

Well done

When I use to own the pinball I would quite easily clock it...

but this virtual version is way harder I find the strength of the flippers need to be a little stronger....just don’t know weather you can do them adjustments

• Like 1

but this virtual version is way harder I find the strength of the flippers need to be a little stronger....just don’t know weather you can do them adjustments

Mozzie,

Thanks for the heads up. Increasing the table inclination increases the momentum of the ball but I think in this case Flipper characteristics can be changed or imported from another table. If I find something that works Ill pass it on

but this virtual version is way harder I find the strength of the flippers need to be a little stronger....just don’t know whether you can do them adjustments

Mozzie. Very difficult to reproduce that machine. It felt like a brick. I tried a 6 degree table inclination. But the ball drained easily down the side so I just stuck with elongating the wide body game to suit my cabinet and adjusted the flipper characteristics similar to what JP Salas does for his SS tables. It gives more Ooomf. I watched the PAPA tutorial and I can’t do those little flipper taps on my virtual machine that are needed to get the ball to the right flippers

B1CF9F2E-CE5D-4DCB-BBE2-1436DE203079.thumb.jpeg.de50ff37892acbf53c58716be24d7915.jpeg

2981DC9D-4B2A-4781-B82A-A421FDF9BB81.thumb.jpeg.e65b91f3d0ed6b845ef9f1aca17f918e.jpeg

298360 this machine is so different from anything I’ve played. Now that the ball bounces off the flippers from the physics changes I made it’s easier to transfer the ball from flippers using a dead bounce. I have to say I’m warming to it. Thanks Mozzies for the selection. B5286EAA-DF75-4115-8F58-8E0A01C859CA.thumb.jpeg.465ac8af72352f8a3f2f2418b77b8dcb.jpeg
  • Like 1

You have to work hard to get good scores on visual pinball...I feel the real machines were a little easier we’ll my one was ..

your first ball has to be good to set you up for hopefully a good score...Extra-balls don’t come easy didn’t get one with this score either

CB7BC6DC-C7C2-4050-B19E-7B5FF031A6B0.thumb.jpeg.e7ce3baaef7a08ea2f3a1cb1b45bc2cf.jpeg

Edited by mozzie1
  • Like 1

Guys,

Changing the physical characteristics of a game is a no-no for the vpin comp. Since we started we've always played tables as default download. No changing of table slope, physics, flipper strength, rubbers bounciness etc etc no changing of anything at all is allowed.

This way, everyone is playing the same game.

• Like 5

Guys,

Changing the physical characteristics of a game is a no-no for the vpin comp. Since we started we've always played tables as default download. No changing of table slope, physics, flipper strength, rubbers bounciness etc etc no changing of anything at all is allowed.

That’s a fantastic rule...changing any of the physics is out of the question for me I’m struggling to download games and get it to work 😩😭 computers and me don’t work...

• Like 1

Guys,

Thanks for speaking up Jed. I have to default myself from this competition as I have adjusted tables so they play and look better. I thought it was ok to do so picking up in the Roadshow game that Wob had a great setup that Legin enquired about and I emulated. All good. I’ve learnt quite a few things from being involved and that tip from Wob has changed my approach to setting up games and increased my enjoyment of my machine. All the best to the remaining contestants and I’ll watch with interest how the remaining rounds go.

Tallyho chaps

RusstyT

Thanks for speaking up Jed. I have to default myself from this competition as I have adjusted tables so they play and look better. I thought it was ok to do so picking up in the Roadshow game that Wob had a great setup that Legin enquired about and I emulated. All good. I’ve learnt quite a few things from being involved and that tip from Wob has changed my approach to setting up games and increased my enjoyment of my machine. All the best to the remaining contestants and I’ll watch with interest how the remaining rounds go.

Tallyho chaps

RusstyT

No need to drop out of the competition. Changing POV is acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Things get a bit more tricky when you start changing physics but no need to stop playing because of it. I just want everyone to enjoy the competition.

• Like 1

Dumb question..... Is changing the pull speed of the plunger considered a "modification"? That is one area where you guys with cabs have a huge advantage over us outcast desktop users (lol). This particular Paragon table won't let me change it for some reason - it's the only table that I've ever came across that wouldn't let me modify it.

717,300 The crazy thing about this particular set of games is that I was concentrating on players 1 & 2 that kind of petered out. I get to player 3 on ball 3 with only 50k and I think to myself oh well, I'll just play it out and all of a sudden I start hitting shots like I should and then I say to myself "why the hell can't you do this crap on all 3 balls?!".

4c7c8cc03a640dcf2fef9d18c9403505.png.837fc8c4520baf7b78f932312d50e3b4.png

• Like 2

I have found with this table that if you dont get a decent score with the first ball, then the rest of the game isnt worth playing. I always struggle with the older tables, and this one is no different.
  • Like 1