Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 5 ~The Flintstones - Closed

GAME 5.... And we're Yabba-Dabba-Doo...

VPGL 16 - Game 5 ~ The Flintstones

Nominated by VPGL legend, Wob

1607999635_flintstoneimage.jpg.cf9f88077d5553a8ab99c1df6daa40ad.jpg

The Flintstones was released by Williams in 1994 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by: John Trudeau

Art by: Kevin O'Connor

Dots/Animation by: Scott Slomiany, Eugene Geer

Mechanics by: Ernie Pizarro

Music by: Dave Zabriskie

Sound by: Dave Zabriskie

Software by: Jeff Johnson

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-flintstones-2/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/th...liams-1994b2s/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/871-fs_lx5zip/

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 1 November 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will be rock solid?

[gs]1-tPbF5OpxRqA-XMOXU-GY0-TRnLpc1VmzJ9Dkn4iI5M[/gs]

Edited by JustAnotherRat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody else experiencing stuttering? When Fred says "shoot the machine" I get a little bit - then there are other times I get it on some other animations and sometimes it makes it almost unplayable. I changed some of the available options in the script which seemed to help a little but it didn't eliminate it. Also it seems to take forever to load compared to other DMD tables. I have a mediocre pc nothing fancy but I usually don't get any stutter on the older DMD tables.

Also the link for the table takes you to the Red & Ted table (the text part of the link is ok so I just copied & pasted that).

Is anybody else experiencing stuttering? When Fred says "shoot the machine" I get a little bit - then there are other times I get it on some other animations and sometimes it makes it almost unplayable. I changed some of the available options in the script which seemed to help a little but it didn't eliminate it. Also it seems to take forever to load compared to other DMD tables. I have a mediocre pc nothing fancy but I usually don't get any stutter on the older DMD tables.

Also the link for the table takes you to the Red & Ted table (the text part of the link is ok so I just copied & pasted that).

I've fixed the link. Thanks for that.

I haven't played this in a while but don't recall having any issues when I did play it.

1,180,043,960 Looks like I better go read the tip sheet..... The machine is still giving me stuttering issues (usually leads to ball loss) - it's almost like the DMD animation is causing it. The carpet around the table reminds me of the carpet at PAPA back in the day.

ace7c380bcf02d6b2f1342542d854d2b.png.7b9eee1cc913107f23959ae5d9461eed.png

• Like 1

The machine is still giving me stuttering issues (usually leads to ball loss) - it's almost like the DMD animation is causing it.

Runs fine for me, but I did notice this table takes longer to load than any other I can remember. It might just be a more complicated and detailed table that requires higher PC specs.

Anyone know when it says Shoot/choose A, B or C , what do you have to hit?

I wasn't sure so I looked it up.

Fred's Choice

Timer starts at 20 seconds. The orbits and centre lane are lit. The left orbit is Shot A (20 Million), the centre lane is Shot B (10 Million), and the right orbit is Shot C (15 Million). When a shot is hit, it's value goes up by 3 Million. The display is very nice during this round, and the sound is cool too. Three different voices try and convince you which shot to hit: "A!", "No C!", "Shoot it up the centre!", "All of the above?!". The quotes are continuous, and are played at random, (i.e. not in the above order.)

• Like 1

Enjoying these tournament tables playing games that you may just ignore..

this flintstones is unreal fully enjoying it with so many different aspects to the game just love it...played it in the day and never enjoyed it till know..

here’s my score 861,912,770 with a big smile on my face hopefully with better to come..

Mrs Moz is getting there but it takes her time on an unplayed table ...

FDE1D29C-FEB1-448E-A718-BB59DD2104D5.thumb.jpeg.7c66028a4bb0a449b4e6b527f0ed289f.jpeg

• Like 2

I wanted to share this early because it Took me a while to work out the taxi passenger carry issue and how to set the Backglass/POV to make the shot which turned the game into a super fun one and the ball drained down the side less with the wider view. C6EC20F8-F4CC-4187-BA27-86842A8099C7.thumb.jpeg.72b18a576e9eb36fcd47d4e836f9b86a.jpeg I find this table plays better a little narrower at the top. These are my settings.

Woo hoo just cracked the billion. 1,069,643,190

had a dead set ripper of a game..had over a billion with one ball to go cracked multi ball straight away and lost the 3 in 2 seconds...:unsure

does anybody have trouble with right flipper not working very occasionally while playing this table....

no worries with all my others tables

D1BF29DC-787B-4627-BA03-4949A0A4B001.thumb.jpeg.250bb3e29081c1f6daed0539ecd6c520.jpeg

• Like 3

had a dead set ripper of a game..had over a billion with one ball to go cracked multi ball straight away and lost the 3 in 2 seconds...:unsure

does anybody have trouble with right flipper not working very occasionally while playing this table....

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2172138}[/ATTACH]

Well done...

I've not had a problem with the flipper yet... I haven't played much though, but I don't recall having issues when I played it previously.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2172138}[/ATTACH]

Little ripper. Less Barney Rubble booing in that one Mozzie. No right flipper problem on my machine. That problem Sounds unusual maybe the leaf contact on your button is wearing or your running out of computer processing capability just before the keystroke up command. I can make a theory about anything. :blink:. Occasionally my machine locks and gets a continuous buzz or repeats a sound. With regards to improving scores I learnt from Wobs set up in the Roadshow how important the POV/backglass settings are for a flow of a table. It completely changes the flow of the game. If you want to try something different my current settings are in an earlier post.

Chheers

• Like 1

Little ripper. Less Barney Rubble booing in that one Mozzie. No right flipper problem on my machine. That problem Sounds unusual maybe the leaf contact on your button is wearing or your running out of computer processing capability just before the keystroke up command. I can make a theory about anything. :blink:. Occasionally my machine locks and gets a continuous buzz or repeats a sound. With regards to improving scores I learnt from Wobs set up in the Roadshow how important the POV/backglass settings are for a flow of a table. It completely changes the flow of the game. If you want to try something different my current settings are in an earlier post.

Chheers

Yep it does fell like I may have to check the wires and contact on button...

have plenty of computer power as when the hard drive was down had a mate come around and upgraded a few things ....Machine is going so well know and I do have everything backed up now just in case there’s a glitch later on :D

Yep it does fell like I may have to check the wires and contact on button...

Do you have the GoldLeaf buttons? I had one that wouldn't work only very occasionally, but often enough to screw up a good game.

I swapped it with one of the Magna-Save buttons, then ordered a bunch of spares for when/if it happens again.