• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPGL 16 - Game 5 ~The Flintstones - Closes 1/11/2020

GAME 5.... And we're Yabba-Dabba-Doo...

VPGL 16 - Game 5 ~ The Flintstones
    Nominated by VPGL legend, Wob

Click image for larger version  Name:	flintstone image.jpg Views:	6 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	2170727

The Flintstones was released by Williams in 1994 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by: John Trudeau
    Art by: Kevin O'Connor
    Dots/Animation by: Scott Slomiany, Eugene Geer
    Mechanics by: Ernie Pizarro
    Music by: Dave Zabriskie
    Sound by: Dave Zabriskie
    Software by: Jeff Johnson

The VPX file can be downloaded here:
    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-flintstones-2/

The B2S can be downloaded here:
    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/th...liams-1994b2s/

The ROM can be downloaded here:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/871-fs_lx5zip/

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 1 November 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will be rock solid?

Last edited by JustAnotherRat; 16 October 2020, 06:45 AM.

Is anybody else experiencing stuttering? When Fred says "shoot the machine" I get a little bit - then there are other times I get it on some other animations and sometimes it makes it almost unplayable. I changed some of the available options in the script which seemed to help a little but it didn't eliminate it. Also it seems to take forever to load compared to other DMD tables. I have a mediocre pc nothing fancy but I usually don't get any stutter on the older DMD tables.

Also the link for the table takes you to the Red & Ted table (the text part of the link is ok so I just copied & pasted that).

Comment

Originally posted by PPLBob View Post
      Is anybody else experiencing stuttering? When Fred says "shoot the machine" I get a little bit - then there are other times I get it on some other animations and sometimes it makes it almost unplayable. I changed some of the available options in the script which seemed to help a little but it didn't eliminate it. Also it seems to take forever to load compared to other DMD tables. I have a mediocre pc nothing fancy but I usually don't get any stutter on the older DMD tables.

Also the link for the table takes you to the Red & Ted table (the text part of the link is ok so I just copied & pasted that).
      I've fixed the link. Thanks for that.

I haven't played this in a while but don't recall having any issues when I did play it.

Comment

Just had a few games with the other half no noticeable scores but there’s plenty to aim for....
        looks like it’s a high scoring table

Comment

I like the virtual location behind this table.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flintstones.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	2170873

Comment

1,180,043,960 Looks like I better go read the tip sheet..... The machine is still giving me stuttering issues (usually leads to ball loss) - it's almost like the DMD animation is causing it. The carpet around the table reminds me of the carpet at PAPA back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by PPLBob View Post
              The machine is still giving me stuttering issues (usually leads to ball loss) - it's almost like the DMD animation is causing it.
              Runs fine for me, but I did notice this table takes longer to load than any other I can remember. It might just be a more complicated and detailed table that requires higher PC specs.

Comment

Last edited by JustAnotherRat; 18 October 2020, 02:54 PM. Reason: Bungled score

Comment

Name:	20201018_120627.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	2171324

Comment

Anyone know when it says Shoot/choose A, B or C , what do you have to hit?

Comment

Originally posted by Capp View Post
                      Anyone know when it says Shoot/choose A, B or C , what do you have to hit?
                      I wasn't sure so I looked it up.

Fred's Choice
                      Timer starts at 20 seconds. The orbits and centre lane are lit. The left orbit is Shot A (20 Million), the centre lane is Shot B (10 Million), and the right orbit is Shot C (15 Million). When a shot is hit, it's value goes up by 3 Million. The display is very nice during this round, and the sound is cool too. Three different voices try and convince you which shot to hit: "A!", "No C!", "Shoot it up the centre!", "All of the above?!". The quotes are continuous, and are played at random, (i.e. not in the above order.)

Comment

Enjoying these tournament tables playing games that you may just ignore..
                        this flintstones is unreal fully enjoying it with so many different aspects to the game just love it...played it in the day and never enjoyed it till know..
                        here’s my score 861,912,770 with a big smile on my face hopefully with better to come..
                        Mrs Moz is getting there but it takes her time on an unplayed table ...
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	FDE1D29C-FEB1-448E-A718-BB59DD2104D5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	254.5 KB ID:	2171614

Comment

767,503,030.......thankfully I'll be back home in time to play the last couple of days of this game on my cabinet. A laptop and gamepad doesn't quite cut it.

Name:	Screenshot (82).png
Views:	57
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	2171790

Comment

What a top game. So smooth to play. its a family favourite Click image for larger version

Name:	01654C0D-5516-41DD-BEA1-E4798EDDC0D7.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	2171796

Comment

I wanted to share this early because it Took me a while to work out the taxi passenger carry issue and how to set the Backglass/POV to make the shot which turned the game into a super fun one and the ball drained down the side less with the wider view. Click image for larger version

Name:	C6EC20F8-F4CC-4187-BA27-86842A8099C7.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	2171798 I find this table plays better a little narrower at the top. These are my settings.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X