Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 3 ~ Taxi - Closed

GAME 3.... and we're in the Cab...

VPGL 16 - Game 3 ~ Taxi

Nominated by the VPGL founder, Jed

730922314_image-29(Small).thumb.jpg.897a869f13aced2409701cf7ca3351a8.jpg

Taxi was released by Williams in 1988 and is a 1-4 player solid state pinball machine.

Concept by: Python Anghelo, Mark Ritchie

Design by: Mark Ritchie

Art by: Python Anghelo

Mechanics by: Craig Fitpold, Tony Kraemer, Mark Kim

Music by: Chris Granner

Sound by: Chris Granner

Software by: Ed Boon

Notes: The first games in production were made with a blonde 'Marilyn' taxi passenger, a likeness of Marilyn Monroe. This was changed during production to be a darker-haired 'Lola', ostensibly a likeness of no one famous.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/taxi-williams-1988/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=7452

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...s&showfile=914

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 18 October 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who can steer their way through this one?

Scores

[gs]1qVO5XDD6usw_3jPJ2i7UYlbHQCWOVBP5y9eYskV0PXE[/gs]

Edited by JustAnotherRat

I think I fired this one up once before to see it worked and that's about it. Worked out a fraction of what's going on, that bell is WAY too loud.

I see the similarities to diner, have a feeling rainmaning the ramps might be the road to points, but it's beyond me at the moment.

Wob

927815ad9bb0d3e10ec5d9ea975aba8c.jpg

• Like 1

This isn't a DMD game therefore I don't believe DMD colourisation is possible. Changing the colour to a different single colour would be the most you could do.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. This was pure trolling :)

• Like 1

After a few sh1tty games of 3M or less, I started to dial in the ramps and Santa, about half of that score was million point shots.

Whenever I get multiball started, i almost always lose one ball immediately. Driving me %^#@@#%^%@# bonkers!

Did manage 1x EB

20201007-210042.jpg

​​​​​​

• Like 3

hooray!

Yes, the bell is a shocker - especially if you have exciters in your cab :blink: just remove the sound from the sound manager, it's a lot friendlier that way....

Hey Jed

How do I do this?

Hey Jed

How do I do this?

Open VPX

Oopen the table (but don't launch it, stay in VPX)

Press F2 (or go to Table menu and choose Sound Manager)

Find the sound you are after in the list (you can click on it and then hit Play to make sure it's the right one if needed)

With the sound highlighted, you can hit Delete.

You can export the sound first if you think you might want to add it back in, or you can export it, lower the volume of the sound and import the new adjusted file.

• Like 1

Open VPX

Oopen the table (but don't launch it, stay in VPX)

Press F2 (or go to Table menu and choose Sound Manager)

Find the sound you are after in the list (you can click on it and then hit Play to make sure it's the right one if needed)

With the sound highlighted, you can hit Delete.

You can export the sound first if you think you might want to add it back in, or you can export it, lower the volume of the sound and import the new adjusted file.

You little ripper, thanks JAR.

Bell sound is now VERY VERY quiet.

I'm still shit at this pin though.

• Like 2

You little ripper, thanks JAR.

Bell sound is now VERY VERY quiet.

I'm still shit at this pin though.

The sound manager is a great thing, and handy to get to know. you'll always find tables where some sounds just aren't right, for eg really harsh, max-treble flipper sounds, or pop/sling sounds that just don't suit.

It's useful to keep a small library of sounds that you like - older era and new (export from games you like) and just replace the sounds you don't like, or don't suit the game, with ones that do.

• Like 2

I'm not good at this one. I dread the ball coming out of the santa kicker, it heads down the guts a LOT!! I tried the jackpot method but its only 500K a go on mine.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\ttaxi.jpg Views:\t13 Size:\t211.2 KB ID:\t2169416","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2169416","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Just keep hitting the ramps, left,right, left, right, and so on. The million point shot doesn't take too long to come around.

That kickout sucks, but just nudge after it kicks out.

Edited by Jed