Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:

The player with the most points in this tournament will be the VPGL15 champion. There will be 9 games played over 8 weeks, competing world wide on some of the most challenging and toughest pinball games of all time. 2 tables will be released at the start, then 1 table each week, with the final 2 tables released at the same time for the finale. Games are only open for 17 days each, so pinballer's must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each VPGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the Visual Pinball Championship of 2020 Scoreboard. The highest score after (the anticipated) four VPGL’s are completed will be the undisputed champion of Visual Pinball for 2020.

Prizes:

There will be a VPGL 2020 Cup (coffee cup, or the winner can choose stubby holder instead) for the overall winner after the years for competitions and ht e priceless bragging rights are always on offer.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each pinball table. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All players will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place. If there is a tie also on head to head game count, the gamer who has the highest accumulated game score points will be the winner.

Overall Point system:

The overall point system for VPGL 2020 will be that points are awarded to anyone finishing in the top 20 for each VPGL in the year. 25 points for first, 22 for second, 19 for third, 17 for 4th and then it decreases by 1 point per position down to 20th. If there is a ties after 4 competitions for the 2020 Champion, it will be based on a countback where the player with the most game wins will be the outright winner, if still even it will go on the number of second place and then 3rd places. If still even it will be on total points awarded for placings from all games within 2020. If then the top players cannot be separated, it will be deemed a draw.

Games:

Tables are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Tables must be selected from those readily available to Visual Pinball 10 (VPX) that do not require additional installation such as P-Roc to run. Original tables are not to be nominated without prior approval (we've had problems previously with them not being competition ready). If there are multiple versions of the same table available then you can choose to use whatever version you wish to use.

Please nominate tables that you've played and tested (at least a little) so that we don't have broken games come up in competition

The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor in VPGL15 is 6 which are to be made up of 2 x EM, 2 x SS and 2 x DMD. (Alpha numeric games can be nominated as either SS or DMD games at the nominators discretion. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as duplication's of nominations will not be placed in the pool. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to JustAnotherRat by midnight Sydney time on Wednesday 24th June 2020. The first two games will commence on Friday 26th June 2020.

Games can be played on a cab or desktop and is all inclusive.

Additional exclusions for VPGL 15 and not eligible for nomination for this VPGL are:

Abra Ca Dabra (Electro Mechanical)

Big Brave (Electro Mechanical)

Black Pyramid (Solid State)

Centigrade 37 (Electro Mechanical)

Diner (Alpha Numeric)

Fathom (Solid State)

Fish Tales (DMD)

Flash Gordon (Solid State)

Funhouse (Alpha Numeric)

Gilligan's Island (DMD)

Grand Prix (Electro Mechanical)

Humpty Dumpty (Electro Mechanical)

Indiana Jones (DMD)

Krull (Solid State)

Medieval Madness (DMD)

Pro Football (Electro Mechanical)

The Walking Dead (DMD)

The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard (DMD)

Settings:

The ROM settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed will not be accepted.

Players:

Players can play all or just some of the games. Players do not need to nominate tables to play, they can play any table during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips are encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championship.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

JustAnotherRat

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 6

I would like to get your thoughts on games that require PinUp Player. In the rules I state no original games unless approved as we've tried originals before and tend to break them during this competition. The games that have already been nominated (but may not be selected through the random process) require PinUp Player and are of good quality. Pinup Players is not the front end PinUp Popper, but the software that plays videos etc. The install isn't difficult if you follow NailBusters tutorial and the games are solid. I know many of the VPGL competitors already have PinUp installed so I am leaning towards including them but would like feedback.

To clarify, the reason I have stated no P-Roc is that the install seems to cause a lot of people problems and the only game (that I know of) that would be up for this kind of competition would be Cactus Canyon Continued, so it's a lot of messing around for one game.

Never got proc to work

But Harry P stranger t and TNA which use the pinup player. Are awesome in my opinion

Although HP requires. 3 GB download

I think it's a must

I use vpx because off its cutting edge open source model

The above games are a shining example of what a individuals can do

Just think if there talent was on real pinballs. Mmm

Always if anybody's not sure Terry red and David make excellent setup videos

Also if I can help for you too enjoy the above tables just ask

• Like 1

What do you mean by EM, SS, and DMD games? I have tables that I could nominate.

We all choose any 2 tables from the electro, solid state and DMD erraa and pm them to just another rat. Then pools them and then random generator picks one and that's that week's game. We don't know what's been sent in only the moderator

Example

Humpty Dumpty (Electro Mechanical)

Indiana Jones (DMD)

Krull (Solid State)

• Like 1

Wob has been busy and has 3D printed some keyrings for us....

I'd like some thoughts... do you think they should be a prize of some sort? If so, what do you think should be the task the win one?

Should they just be available to anyone that wants one that competes in any competition in the VPGL in 2020?

I'd love to know that others think.

792976059_00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200619115302537_COVER(Small).jpg.c149b869494083e1048b9a72991fecdb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Wob has been busy and has 3D printed some keyrings for us....

I'd like some thoughts... do you think they should be a prize of some sort? If so, what do you think should be the task the win one?

Should they just be available to anyone that wants one that competes in any competition in the VPGL in 2020?

I'd love to know that others think.

Those are brilliant ! Really good job @Wob !

How about this ?

Win a table, you get one. Unless you already have one, then it goes to 2nd place. And if 2nd has one, then 3rd place gets one. And so on down the line.

Should eventually end up everyone gets one that way - long as you keep playing :cool: you could ask the receiver to cover postage costs so no-one is out of pocket.

@martymoose i feel your pain i have had such a bad run with my vpin in the last 6 months with different hardware issues keeping me from playing and a lack of time to do anything about it. but i reckon I'm sorted now, bugger it's right near the end of the comp though :cry

• Like 1

Those are brilliant ! Really good job @Wob !

How about this ?

Win a table, you get one. Unless you already have one, then it goes to 2nd place. And if 2nd has one, then 3rd place gets one. And so on down the line.

Should eventually end up everyone gets one that way - long as you keep playing :cool: you could ask the receiver to cover postage costs so no-one is out of pocket.

@martymoose i feel your pain i have had such a bad run with my vpin in the last 6 months with different hardware issues keeping me from playing and a lack of time to do anything about it. but i reckon I'm sorted now, bugger it's right near the end of the comp though :cry

I was thinking about doing pretty much the same as you're suggesting.

• Like 2