Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 14 - Game 7 ~ Grand Prix

GAME 7.... And we're racing...

VPGL 14 - Game 7 ~ Grand Prix

Nominated by martymoose

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_151175_1588892838693_608","title":"grand-prix-electro (Small).jpg"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​​

Grand Prix was released by Williams in 1976 and it is a 4 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

Design by: Steve Kordek

Art by: Christian Marche

Notes: Compare the playfield with Williams' 1976 'Liberty Bell'.

A few of these games exist with solid state controllers. See Williams' 1977 'Grand Prix'.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s...233cb28c&a mp;a pp=downloads&showfile=13167

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=12686

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 24 May 2020, Midnight Sydney time.

This game is set to 5 ball as default and that is what well play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will race past the podium 1st?

Scores [gs]19q2c4bqoX91Tu0aZwB63Q0zvScxH-MpkQQYiRzZscNo[/gs]

Edited by JustAnotherRat

398,690 - thought I'd post an early one on this, just so that I can say that I was leading the tournament at some point other than after the first day of the first game. Now for the big slide down the ladder👇

ed88d95ded25808abc669762f70dcb46.thumb.jpg.982220bb4ee2822a20d1f8e3ef74e895.jpg

• Like 3

980236497_IMG_20200508_220544(Small).jpg.5a6920481bb323253db682684c17dd7a.jpg

I thought, hey this game looks fun, then launched the first ball and tried to catch it on my flipper.... rolls away and drains... oh no, not one of them. It does seem pretty fun though.

I played 5 or 6 games of this and my best score was around 300,000. I had one more game and decided to test the analogue v digital nudge thing and pulled out the keyboard to use button/digital nudge and this was the result. It makes it quite a bit easier in my mind.

• Like 1

I get an options menu which pops up after each game. I find it difficult to get rid of. I looked in the script but found nothing

I found if you enter on the Save and Exit option nothing happens, but if you scroll down one click past Save and Exit and enter, it will work and won't come back.

I thought, hey this game looks fun, then launched the first ball and tried to catch it on my flipper.... rolls away and drains... oh no, not one of them. It does seem pretty fun though.

Kills me games that have that , muscle memory always kicks in and i continue to do it....

I found if you enter on the Save and Exit option nothing happens, but if you scroll down one click past Save and Exit and enter, it will work and won't come back.

Thanks Kane, I'll give it a go

Big surprise, another EM i don't like.. I played a few games with super low scores till I bothered to check this and find out it should be on 5 ball.

The ball physics on the current 2 tables just feel way off to me. I just can't seem to get more than 1 maybe 2 good balls on this one. EB is a bitch to collect.

8da24ee2eb07af90a5fc38c5391a9570.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I remember when you said desktop players had the advantage, Dedrok didn't agree with you though.

I remember that,

i've tried playing desktop versions when my pincab was dead, but i never scored well at all. usually did worse ! huge respect to kane's ability to destroy some games on desktop, like he did on MM.

• Like 1

Here’s my best so far but I just read in a previous post we’re doing 5 balls?? I’ll have to check the rules. This was my 3 ball score.

54b4bf96573603ef25359e0d1cc6b6e9.jpg

[edit] Just checked and we are doing 5 ball games!! My game defaulted to 3 so I didn’t bother looking or changing it. Well, hope that helps my scoring 🤣.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here’s my best so far but I just read in a previous post we’re doing 5 balls?? I’ll have to check the rules. This was my 3 ball score.

54b4bf96573603ef25359e0d1cc6b6e9.jpg

[edit] Just checked and we are doing 5 ball games!! My game defaulted to 3 so I didn’t bother looking or changing it. Well, hope that helps my scoring 🤣.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah 5 ball. I loaded it and played and it played as 5 ball so I assumed that was default so that is what we are running with.

To change the 3\5 Ball setting just press both flippers when you first open the table, a "settings" menu will pop up.

Thanks so much for this!! I tried every script change I could, but nothing worked. I'll give this a shot tonight.

• Like 1