Collapse

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPGL 14 - Game 2 ~ Gilligan's Island

GAME 2.... And we are stranded in isolation...

VPGL 14 - Game 2 ~ Gilligan's Island
    Nominated by Mr Bungle

Click image for larger version  Name:	1004f1.jpg Views:	88 Size:	192.0 KB ID:	2121788

Gilligan's Island was released by Midway in 1991 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by: Ward Pemberton, Dan Langlois
    Art by: John Youssi
    Dots/Animation by: John Newcomer
    Mechanics by: Greg Tastad
    Music by: Jon Hey
    Sound by: Jon Hey
    Software by: Mike Boon, Dan Lee
    Notes: Voice-over artist Tim Kitzrow provided the voice of Mr. Howell.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:
    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/gi...ally-1991-vpx/

The B2S can be downloaded here:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/f...d-midway-1991/

The ROM can be downloaded here:
    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=1180

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 19 April 2020, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will survive make the most of their time separated from others?

Scores

Last edited by JustAnotherRat; 13 April 2020, 11:30 AM.

Gotta love this suggestion. Whoever came up with this, hats off to you.

Comment

What an annoying pinball game! You hit a bunch of stuff and your score is crap low. I haven't gotten to 25,000,00 to get a free game yet but I keep hitting things, going up ramps, etc. and the score is so damn low. I think my high is around 12,000,000.

Comment

18,495,280 Only because I got 2 bonus balls

Comment

Originally posted by Wzrd0803 View Post
          What an annoying pinball game! You hit a bunch of stuff and your score is crap low. I haven't gotten to 25,000,00 to get a free game yet but I keep hitting things, going up ramps, etc. and the score is so damn low. I think my high is around 12,000,000.
          Yeah, I'm in the same boat with this one........and it's that one sitting on the sand down by the lagoon with two bloody great holes in its side!

Comment

Originally posted by Wzrd0803 View Post
            Haha annoying. Try pro football from vpgl13

Comment

I'll have a game at some stage later and see if I can give you a strategy.... it's something like collect all the stuff, hit the ramp and collect a jackpot.

Comment

I was browsing through my tables and thought how apt for our current situation, I could not resist submitting it. Just think, the highest of low scoring wins 100 points

Comment

trust MrB to nominate something obscure ! i didn't even know this table existed.

but it's possibly because of the sweet memory of Ginger from Gilligan's Island...

Click image for larger version  Name:	tina_louise_photo_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	2121865

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
                  I'll have a game at some stage later and see if I can give you a strategy.... it's something like collect all the stuff, hit the ramp and collect a jackpot.
                  You've just laid out the strategy for most DMD games

Comment

Originally posted by MrBungle View Post
                    I was browsing through my tables and thought how apt for our current situation, I could not resist submitting it. Just think, the highest of low scoring wins 100 points
                    Sounds interesting... how do we decide whats the highest of the low?

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
                      trust MrB to nominate something obscure ! i didn't even know this table existed.

but it's possibly because of the sweet memory of Ginger from Gilligan's Island...

Click image for larger version Name:	tina_louise_photo_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	2121865

You've just laid out the strategy for most DMD games
                      I first played this at Pinfest a couple of years ago with my wife and quite enjoyed it. The VPX version is really nice, but the rules lack any depth. Still..... it's a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post

Sounds interesting... how do we decide whats the highest of the low?
                        Same scoring system but since it seems a mean game on first play, our perceived scores might be lower than what we want.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	GI-16735840.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	2121901

Comment

71,932,850 - I've managed to get the big jackpot twice now......... unfortunately in two different games. The first jackpot game score was 71,182,760, so this is another contender for "least improved".

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200403_200950.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	2121968

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X