X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPGL 14 - Slingshot to Stardom

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 14. This tournament is the 2nd of the new decade and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and is a perfect opportunity to stay home during the Covid 19 pandemic.

Competition:
    The player with the most points in this tournament will be the VPGL14 champion. There will be 9 games played over 8 weeks, competing world wide on some of the most challenging and toughest pinball games of all time. 2 tables will be released at the start, then 1 table each week, with the final 2 tables released at the same time for the finale. Games are only open for 17 days each, so pinballers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each VPGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the Visual Pinball Championship of 2020 Scoreboard. The highest score after (the anticipated) four VPGL’s are completed will be the undisputed champion of Visual Pinball for 2020.

Prizes:
    At this stage, the VPGL won’t have physical prizes but bragging rights are worth more than a prize right? When participation increases, there may be an option to look at providing a mystery prize but a higher number of participants compared to what we have previously seen in VPGL competitions will be required.

Point system:
    The incremental point system will be used for each pinball table. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All players will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place. If there is a tie also on head to head game count, the gamer who has the highest accumulated game score points will be the winner.

Games:
    Tables are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Tables must be selected from those readily available to Visual Pinball 10 (VPX) that do not require additional installation such as P-Roc to run. Original tables are not to be nominated without prior approval (we've had problems previously with them not being competition ready). If there are multiple versions of the same table available then you can choose to use whatever version you wish to use.

The number of tables that can be nominated by each competitor in VPGL14 is 6 which are to be made up of 2 x EM, 2 x SS and 2 x DMD.
    The tables to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as duplications of nominations will not be placed in the pool. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to JustAnotherRat by midnight Sydney time on Wednesday 1st April 2020. The first two games will commence on Friday 3rd April 2020.

Tables can be played on a cab or desktop and is all inclusive.

Additional exclusions for VPGL 14 and not eligible for nomination for this VPGL are:
    Big Brave
    The Walking Dead
    Flash Gordon
    Abra Ca Dabra
    Fish Tales
    Funhouse
    Pro Football
    The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard
    Black Pyramid

Settings:
    The ROM settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Submissions:
    Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VPGL14 (Small).png
Views:	13474
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	2119786

Players:
    Players can play all or just some of the games. Players do not need to nominate tables to play, they can play any table during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips are encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championship.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

JustAnotherRat

I'll try to start this one

G

Comment

My nominations are in - and the new motherboard for my vpin is sitting on the workbench.

Welcome to Day-Z Pinball, everyone.

I heard this virus is the longest lasting thing ever made in China

Comment

looking forward to this, I have rebuilt my vpin. :-)

Comment

I’m in. Looking forward to it. Never done a competition before. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mcdowelld17 View Post
            Welcome Mcdoweil17, its a fun competition thats not taken too seriously.
            Could be the biggest comp ever with all these people working from and bunkering down at home
            The Duke of Doonside

Comment

My votes are in, come one, come all..
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mcdowelld17 View Post
                Welcome... it's a heap of fun... sharing tips and strategy is not only allowed, but encouraged. It's all about enjoying pinball and improving our game. You'll find players of all levels participating but as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Don't forget that if you want to nominate some games, you can send them to me via PM. You can nominate up to six games, 2 x DMD, 2 x SS and 2 x EM.

Comment

Love to see new players, especially internationals dropping in to play. Welcome Mcdowelld17 !

Comment

Nominations in.......ready, set, go!

Comment

So is everyone here working from home now ?

Self-iso doesn't hold too many terrors for us... no issues social distancing on our daily walking spots

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
                        So is everyone here working from home now ?
                        Nope

Comment

I see somebody smashing scores on TNA OSB. JustAnotherRat
                          Nice work

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                            I see somebody smashing scores on TNA OSB. JustAnotherRat
                            Nice work

I haven't worked out a strategy for that game yet.

Comment

Just started HP. Wow what a table for a home made
                              Imagine if Scott made real pinball??

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X