• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPGL 13 - Game 5 ~ Fish Tales

GAME 3.... It's time to go fishing...

VPGL 13 - Game 5 ~ Fish Tales

Nominated by MrBungle

Fish Tales was released by Williams in 1992 and is a DMD pinball machine for 1 to 4 players.

Design by: Mark Ritchie
    Art by: Pat McMahon
    Dots/Animation by: Scott Slomiany
    Mechanics by: Jack Skalon
    Music by: Chris Granner
    Sound by: Chris Granner
    Software by: Mark Penacho

The VPX file can be downloaded here:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/f...v11-pinball58/

The B2S can be downloaded here:
    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/fi...tb2s-b2s-db2s/

The ROM can be downloaded here:
    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=1335

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 23 February 2020, Midnight Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will master tropical, fresh water and deep sea fishing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ft.PNG
Views:	18
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2113664
    Last edited by JustAnotherRat; 24th February 2020, 07:17 AM. Reason: Final scores updated.

And the crowd goes mild

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
      And the crowd goes mild
      Well I haven't played Flash Gordon, Abra Ca Dabra or this yet, but I have my shirt ready for this one.

Name:	IMG_20200208_151950 (Small).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	2109865

Name:	IMG_20200208_152000 (1) (Small).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2109866

Comment

And the crowd goes mild
        Now you live near water you might take up fishing?
        It's probably the only game you get a chance to shoot at Jet Ski's too.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBungle View Post

Now you live near water you might take up fishing?
          It's probably the only game you get a chance to shoot at Jet Ski's too.
          heh, if i get to shoot at people on jetskis, i'm in

Comment

Name:	Fish112.128.540.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	2110191

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200209_220030 (Small).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	2110238

I managed to master Deep Sea fishing 3 times during this game but lost multiball almost immediately after on each occasion and only managed to hit Super Jackpot twice.

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with this table, had a good game, just shy of 700mil, the a heap of shit games, then this, smashed my GC (1.9Bil), had the superjackpot scoring at 400k at one point, didn't quite make it when it was at 500k. It was being fairly generous with EBs.

sigpic

Comment

Had a couple of games, killed a few jetskiers, i'm happy.

Wish i knew what i was doing, but probably wont play enough of this one to find out

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200210_215801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.0 KB ID:	2110522

Comment

Wish i knew what i was doing, but probably wont play enough of this one to find out

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200210_215801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.0 KB ID:	2110522
                    Multiball, collect the 3 fishing trophies (jackpots) then smash the captive ball (it will start flashing) for super jackpots, rinse and repeat.

There are a few other things but this is where the points are, the more runs to supers the more they are worth.

Increasing the captive ball, right loop to light then smash it to collect, is a good idea too, EB in video mode most times then a easy MB start at the top.

It does get boring, especially on a long game, but when I'm hitting the shots it does feel/flow nice.

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	20200210_215801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.0 KB ID:	2110522
                      This is one of the easier DMD games to understand.

Hit the ramps (boat) in the middle, alternating left and right and after you light up all the fish shoot past the spinner for a monster fish (bonus)
                      Lock 3 balls, start a multiball, lock another ball, hit it past the spinner hard enough that it hits the top right hand side and you've mastered fresh water fishing, while still in multiball, lock a ball and then hit past the spinner like before and you've mastered tropical fishing. Still in multiball lock another ball, shoot past the spinner again and you've masted deep sea fishing. Then (I think) you just keep hitting it past the spinner to claim super jackpots (Wob or Dedrok can chime in if I'm wrong).

Video mode is good for points and an extra ball too.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post

This is one of the easier DMD games to understand.

Hit the ramps (boat) in the middle, alternating left and right and after you light up all the fish shoot past the spinner for a monster fish (bonus)
                        Lock 3 balls, start a multiball, lock another ball, hit it past the spinner hard enough that it hits the top right hand side and you've mastered fresh water fishing, while still in multiball, lock a ball and then hit past the spinner like before and you've mastered tropical fishing. Still in multiball lock another ball, shoot past the spinner again and you've masted deep sea fishing. Then (I think) you just keep hitting it past the spinner to claim super jackpots (Wob or Dedrok can chime in if I'm wrong).

Video mode is good for points and an extra ball too.
                        I was to lazy to explain MB

Just to add, Double lock (2x balls for double jackpot)

Super is collected by smashing the captive ball, as mentioned above
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wob View Post
                          Multiball, collect the 3 fishing trophies (jackpots) then smash the captive ball (it will start flashing) for super jackpots, rinse and repeat.

There are a few other things but this is where the points are, the more runs to supers the more they are worth.

Increasing the captive ball, right loop to light then smash it to collect, is a good idea too, EB in video mode most times then a easy MB start at the top.

It does get boring, especially on a long game, but when I'm hitting the shots it does feel/flow nice.
                          Yeah, i'll persevere, all i was doing was getting multiplier L-I-E and multiballs and hitting the port and starboard.

It does have a nice feel. seems a pretty forgiving game and the shots aren't too hard. The out and inlanes are narrow, especially after playing some of the older games where they are much less friendly.

Comment

Name:	33C081B4-D245-44F8-BC4E-108A088EDEC2.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	2110763
                            The Duke of Doonside

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200211_211212 (Small).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	2110765

Lit super jackpot and drained 3 balls straight down the middle and as the 3rd ball drained it announced extra ball lit. This score should have been better but I'll take it.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X