Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 13 - Game 5 ~ Fish Tales

GAME 3.... It's time to go fishing...

VPGL 13 - Game 5 ~ Fish Tales

Nominated by MrBungle

Comet_Pinball_Fish_Tales_LED_Kit_3.jpg?v=1565150033

Fish Tales was released by Williams in 1992 and is a DMD pinball machine for 1 to 4 players.

Design by: Mark Ritchie

Art by: Pat McMahon

Dots/Animation by: Scott Slomiany

Mechanics by: Jack Skalon

Music by: Chris Granner

Sound by: Chris Granner

Software by: Mark Penacho

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/f...v11-pinball58/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/fi...tb2s-b2s-db2s/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=1335

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 23 February 2020, Midnight Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will master tropical, fresh water and deep sea fishing?

ft.PNG.f7e913cc66e1d9f50726df8c9ea0c3cc.PNG

Edited by JustAnotherRat
Final scores updated.
  • Like 1

I have a love/hate relationship with this table, had a good game, just shy of 700mil, the a heap of shit games, then this, smashed my GC (1.9Bil), had the superjackpot scoring at 400k at one point, didn't quite make it when it was at 500k. It was being fairly generous with EBs.

11752356c5668f1fca0cff14589b5de0.jpg

• Like 2

Had a couple of games, killed a few jetskiers, i'm happy.

Wish i knew what i was doing, but probably wont play enough of this one to find out :boring:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20200210_215801.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t308.0 KB ID:\t2110522","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2110522","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Multiball, collect the 3 fishing trophies (jackpots) then smash the captive ball (it will start flashing) for super jackpots, rinse and repeat.

There are a few other things but this is where the points are, the more runs to supers the more they are worth.

Increasing the captive ball, right loop to light then smash it to collect, is a good idea too, EB in video mode most times then a easy MB start at the top.

It does get boring, especially on a long game, but when I'm hitting the shots it does feel/flow nice.

• Like 1

Had a couple of games, killed a few jetskiers, i'm happy.

Wish i knew what i was doing, but probably wont play enough of this one to find out :boring:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20200210_215801.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t308.0 KB ID:\t2110522","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2110522","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

This is one of the easier DMD games to understand.

Hit the ramps (boat) in the middle, alternating left and right and after you light up all the fish shoot past the spinner for a monster fish (bonus)

Lock 3 balls, start a multiball, lock another ball, hit it past the spinner hard enough that it hits the top right hand side and you've mastered fresh water fishing, while still in multiball, lock a ball and then hit past the spinner like before and you've mastered tropical fishing. Still in multiball lock another ball, shoot past the spinner again and you've masted deep sea fishing. Then (I think) you just keep hitting it past the spinner to claim super jackpots (Wob or Dedrok can chime in if I'm wrong).

Video mode is good for points and an extra ball too.

• Like 2

This is one of the easier DMD games to understand.

Hit the ramps (boat) in the middle, alternating left and right and after you light up all the fish shoot past the spinner for a monster fish (bonus)

Lock 3 balls, start a multiball, lock another ball, hit it past the spinner hard enough that it hits the top right hand side and you've mastered fresh water fishing, while still in multiball, lock a ball and then hit past the spinner like before and you've mastered tropical fishing. Still in multiball lock another ball, shoot past the spinner again and you've masted deep sea fishing. Then (I think) you just keep hitting it past the spinner to claim super jackpots (Wob or Dedrok can chime in if I'm wrong).

Video mode is good for points and an extra ball too.

I was to lazy to explain MB :)

Just to add, Double lock (2x balls for double jackpot)

Super is collected by smashing the captive ball, as mentioned above ;)

Multiball, collect the 3 fishing trophies (jackpots) then smash the captive ball (it will start flashing) for super jackpots, rinse and repeat.

There are a few other things but this is where the points are, the more runs to supers the more they are worth.

Increasing the captive ball, right loop to light then smash it to collect, is a good idea too, EB in video mode most times then a easy MB start at the top.

It does get boring, especially on a long game, but when I'm hitting the shots it does feel/flow nice.

Yeah, i'll persevere, all i was doing was getting multiplier L-I-E and multiballs and hitting the port and starboard.

It does have a nice feel. seems a pretty forgiving game and the shots aren't too hard. The out and inlanes are narrow, especially after playing some of the older games where they are much less friendly.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_20200211_211212 (Small).jpg","data-attachmentid":2110765}[/ATTACH]

Lit super jackpot and drained 3 balls straight down the middle and as the 3rd ball drained it announced extra ball lit. This score should have been better but I'll take it.

Bloody BS, Just pipped me, not sure I can be arsed with another game that long, I was actually willing it to end at times.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tfish2.jpg Views:\t25 Size:\t315.9 KB ID:\t2111057","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2111057","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Thats a big improvement for me. I doubt if I can do any better than that. I still have trouble in multiball, I can lock the ball but I have a lot of trouble with the left lane

Great job with the improvement. Fish Tales was one of the games that made me realise that I actually really enjoy playing pinball. It took me a bloody long time to be able to score anywhere near that.

174,664,740.......this could be as good as it gets on this one for me.

It's a decent start... don't give up. It only takes one good ball.

Once you manage to complete the 3 styles of fishing, hitting the Super Jackpots really make the scores jump.

• Like 2