Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 13 - Game 4 ~ Abra Ca Dabra

GAME 4.... How time flies...

VPGL 13 - Game 4 ~ Abra Ca Dabra

Nominated by Skids

vintage-1975-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra_1_c7ff73b448fc5ad24116a5fe50e04e6c.jpg.a27bf48ef06fc1a94f2f3430259aff34.jpg

Abra Ca Dabra was released by Gottlieb in 1975 and it is a 1 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

Design by: Jeff Brenner

Art by: Gordon Morison

Notes: The Add-a-ball version of this game is Gottlieb's 1977 'Team One' which was exported to Italy as Gottlieb's 1977 'Kicker', both with different artwork.

Has the same backglass artwork as Gottlieb's 1971 'Wizard'.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/ab...gottlieb-1975/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/ab...bra-directb2s/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 16 February 2020, Midnight Sydney time.

This game is set to 5 ball as default and that is what well play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will bring the magic to game 4?

Capture.PNG.cdb3e84f7a13dc66355f18728e98d2db.PNG

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 1

70,550 - I assume this will eventually prove to be a terrible score, but someone has to get the ball rolling.

What a nice relaxing game this is........and so symmetrical! Nice to see one that makes use of the chime system too.

No matter what happens from here, you were leading this game at one stage.... can you hold the lead all the way through???

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2108412}[/ATTACH]

I was almost too ashamed to post the score!!

I'm not very good at this one.

I have no idea what a good score is on this. Never be ashamed to put up a score though, sometimes the scores we see have taken heap of games an a lot of time to achieve. Putting up any score at all it guaranteed points for the competition though so not submitting would be silly.

I have no idea what a good score is on this. Never be ashamed to put up a score though, sometimes the scores we see have taken heap of games an a lot of time to achieve. Putting up any score at all it guaranteed points for the competition though so not submitting would be silly.

On this machine if you can end up with about a 50k per ball average, i would call that a 'good' score, i'd expect the top scorers by the end of 2 weeks to be nudging 300k. I used to get 400k + on the old VP9 version but VP9 games are generally much easier to play than the much more realistic VP10.

Remember there's easy points by hitting those LIT drop targets, and not just any old drop target :)

• Like 1

Yeah I can't remember exactly, it wasn't paying a bonus during play, I think the light targets, there was a lot of back and forth and talk of chimes and them we all agreed it was busted :)

This table still feels like mostly pot luck to me, just keep the ball bouncing. I'm sure there is still a scoring issue (at least on my version, it's not paying a bonus on the middle shot I think)

BTW the backglass doesn't seem to clear the 100,000 lamp on a new game, it got my hopes up at one point.

A new PB for me, and I hope the last time I need to play this table.

3e7669b052ba826aed28c155e62abaa5.jpg

f49622c1cb1448fca0e218fe6c4ce5c0.jpg

• Like 2

This table still feels like mostly pot luck to me, just keep the ball bouncing. I'm sure there is still a scoring issue (at least on my version, it's not paying a bonus on the middle shot I think)

BTW the backglass doesn't seem to clear the 100,000 lamp on a new game, it got my hopes up at one point.

A new PB for me, and I hope the last time I need to play this table.

3e7669b052ba826aed28c155e62abaa5.jpg

f49622c1cb1448fca0e218fe6c4ce5c0.jpg

Who is this WO person that got your hi score for you? Obviously it was a ring in as you know how to spell WOB.

• Like 1