Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 13 - Plunge Away - RULES

Hi Pinballers,

As the MAME Gaming League (MGL) always runs well, is easy for all participants to understand, is super fun and always has great banter, I have asked OOO for permission to run the VPGL in pretty much exactly the same way. OOO has agreed to this so this VPGL competition will be as much of a copy and paste of the MGL as it can be. It is hoped that the same enjoyment level can be attained using the proven format.

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 13. This tournament is the 1st of the new decade and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time.

Competition:

The player with the most points in this tournament will be the VPGL13 champion. There will be 9 games played over 8 weeks, competing world wide on some of the most challenging and toughest pinball games of all time. 2 tables will be released at the start, then 1 table each week, with the final 2 tables released at the same time for the finale. Games are only open for 17 days each, so pinballers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each VPGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the Visual Pinball Championship of 2020 Scoreboard. The highest score after (the anticipated) four VPGL’s are completed will be the undisputed champion of Visual Pinball for 2020.

Prizes:

At this stage, the VPGL won’t have physical prizes. When participation increases, there may be an option to look at providing a mystery prize but a higher number of participants compared to what we have previously seen in VPGL competitions will be required.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each pinball table. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All players will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place. If there is a tie also on head to head game count, the gamer who has the highest accumulated game score points will be the winner.

Games:

Tables are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Tables must be selected from those readily available to Visual Pinball 10 (VPX) that do not require additional installation such as P-Roc to run. Original tables are not to be nominated. If there are multiple versions of the same table available then you can choose to use whatever version you wish to use.

The number of tables that can be nominated by each competitor in VPGL13 is 6 which are to be made up of 2 x EM, 2 x SS and 2 x DMD.

The tables to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as duplications of nominations will not be placed in the pool. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to JustAnotherRat by midnight Sydney time on Wednesday 15th January 2020. The first two games will commence on Friday 17th January 2020.

Tables can be played on a cab or desktop and is all inclusive.

No additional tables are excluded for selection from VPGL 13 however games played in VPGL 13, will not be eligible for nomination for other VPGL competitions this year.

Settings:

The ROM settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted.

VPGL.png.d8a687aadb2220a5a4a8ceab4a079efa.png

Players:

Players can play all or just some of the games. Players do not need to nominate tables to play, they can play any table during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips are encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championship.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

JustAnotherRat

• Like 7

@Jed @Wob @redferatu @Bishop83 @skids @Dedrok @kane @acejas @MrBungle @Ashman0011 @Nomadtales @Gruntis @Capp

You have all put up at least one score in the last few Visual Pinball Gaming Leagues so I've tagged you in the hope that you'll be keen again. Spread the word, lets make this comp bigger than ever.

• Like 2

@Jed @Wob @redferatu @Bishop83 @skids @Dedrok @kane @acejas @MrBungle @Ashman0011 @Nomadtales @Gruntis @Capp

You have all put up at least one score in the last few Visual Pinball Gaming Leagues so I've tagged you in the hope that you'll be keen again. Spread the word, lets make this comp bigger than ever.

If I get any time to play, am home long enough and if I get my cab running again, I would definitely play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've never been sure of the correct term. Should it be machines? Can we just call them games? What is the correct name to use @Dedrok ?

I remember a long time user of AA now consigned to the scrap heap who got cranky at people for mis-spelling things or using the wrong grammar also used to hate people calling pinball machines 'tables' :laugh:

I do know of another person (well I think they are a different person) that fits most of that description. I've seen them in person tell people that they aren't tables, they also said that they aren't pinballs as that is just the ball. I didn't hear them say what the correct term is though.

Let's get those nominations in. Nominations are only open to midnight tomorrow night Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time. There has been a limited amount of nominations so far.... if you like a game, want to learn a game or think you can outscore everyone else on one, nominate it/them now to have a chance of playing it in the competition.

well i re-assembled my vpin (without pin2dmd, it died sadly) moved it into my workshop, and got the win10 gaming pc attached to it so i'm in :)

it's been so long since i played it and have done a complete new install. Geez the all-in-one installers for Visual Pinball are good now. Really makes it simple to install everything and get going with a minimum of fuss.

Clint if you haven't got many nominations then i'll nominate some more:

Breakshot

Flash Gordon

Whitewater

Taxi

Hot Hand

El Dorado