Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VPGL12 Game 8 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind [FINISHED]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VPGL12 Game 8 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind [FINISHED]

    Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Gottlieb 1978)

    Original game design: Ed Krynski
    VP10 game: BorgDog, nFozzy, Rothbauerw, Ninuzzu, Pinuck

    Close Encounters of the Third Kind comp will run until 26th May



    Download here: http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/clo...gottlieb-1978/
    Rom: https://wowroms.com/en/roms/mame/clo...ind/79544.html
    Backglass (cabs only) : http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/clo...lieb-1978-b2s/

    This is the eighth game of 8 total games to be played in VPGL12.

    TOURNEY RULES

    - 8 games played for 2 weeks each, Games that have multiple nominations will be posted first, then the rest drawn at random from the pool of nominations.
    - VP10 version only. No user-modded tables unless purely graphical/lighting preferences. No tweaking of flipper strengths, changing table slope, etc.
    - High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't post your already existing high score
    - play desktop on a PC or full screen in a vpin
    - This is an honour system and purely for fun. Submit a score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please.

    Points system:

    1: 20
    2: 19
    3: 18

    and so on.

    NEW RULE: BALL 1 HERO

    Bonus point (1) for the best Ball 1 score. Take a pic at the end of Ball 1 and post at any time
    NB: the player currently leading the tournament cannot claim the Ball 1 Hero points. They can still be the Ball 1 Hero, though

    Let the flipping commence!

    SCORES:

    Ball 1 Hero: Jed 482,550

    1. Kane 798,040
    2. Skids 763,260
    3. Jed 688,880
    4. JAR 603,030
    5. MrBungle 426,670
    6. Bishop 414,970
    Last edited by Jed; 27th May 2019, 08:46 AM.

  • #2
    1st ball 235,330. Ending up with 763,260

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190514_182050(0).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1848323Click image for larger version

Name:	20190514_182658.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1848324

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    The Duke of Doonside

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome

      This table used to be at our local Drive-In. Spent a fair bit of time playing it when i should have been in the car watching the movie...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jed View Post
        Awesome

        This table used to be at our local Drive-In. Spent a fair bit of time playing it when i should have been in the car watching the movie...
        I remembered this story from when this table previously came up in a VPGL as soon as I saw the randomizer spit it out.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
          I remembered this story from when this table previously came up in a VPGL as soon as I saw the randomizer spit it out.
          Yes. I'm old, and I tend to repeat myself a lot without realising it [emoji50]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jed View Post
            Yes. I'm old, and I tend to repeat myself a lot without realising it [emoji50]
            Stop repeating yourself and post a score, i expect you to roll it.... no pressure
            The Duke of Doonside

            Comment


            • #7
              603,030

              Ball 1 - 259,170

              Comment


              • #8
                414,970Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_173610.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1848363

                Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ball 1: 482,550 and then i couldn't plunge ball 2. The plunger goes back, hits, but the ball goes nowhere

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    426,670
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	3rdkind426670.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1848491

                    Yipeeeeeee, screen shot in the right perspective! Thanks Smithy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tried to better my score but that right outlane is brutal.

                      Anyone else notice on the backglass there is a nudist waiting to greet the aliens?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_202341.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1848523

                      Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                      The Duke of Doonside

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by skids View Post
                        Tried to better my score but that right outlane is brutal.

                        Anyone else notice on the backglass there is a nudist waiting to greet the aliens?
                        https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=148343

                        Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                        Lol, never noticed it before... It's that the newer bg made when the VP10 version was released?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          688,880

                          15k on the last ball

                          so much harder than the vp9 version which used to roll easily, this plays much more true.

                          sometimes it seems like you hit extra ball, but it either doesn pay at all, or the light comes on after end of ball ?

                          you have to love when that top pop bumper gets A-B-C without you lifting a finger

                          [/url]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jed View Post
                            688,880

                            15k on the last ball

                            so much harder than the vp9 version which used to roll easily, this plays much more true.

                            sometimes it seems like you hit extra ball, but it either doesn pay at all, or the light comes on after end of ball ?

                            you have to love when that top pop bumper gets A-B-C without you lifting a finger

                            https://i.postimg.cc/cLhZnV3f/20190523-191312.jpg[/url]
                            still nowhere near rolling it, disapointed
                            The Duke of Doonside

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by skids View Post
                              still nowhere near rolling it, disapointed
                              Yeah.... That right outlane is driving me nuts. Still time though.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X