Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPX Originals Mini comp for December 2017

ok Jed had an idea, sounds good to me, a mini comp for the remaining of the year

I'm just going to tack it onto the VPGL9 forum and call it VPGL9.1

just original VP10 games.

There's some really nice originals now and I was thinking about 3-5 originals played in the usual format.

Nominate to provide a pool of originals, the best in VP10, to show another side of visual pinball. Everyone casts votes from the pool on what to play, (and also what not to play?)

Just for an idea, stuff like:

Champions League

Diablo

Stranger Things

Bubba the Redneck Werewolf

Gargamel Park (crazy)

Pokemon

Serious Sam

Comp is Starting 1st December and finishing Sunday 31st December EXTENDED - NOW FINISHING WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY

will run with a few tables, last table to start will be no later december 18th

so please nominate any original tables below, Im starting the mini comp off with Bubba the Redneck Werewolf

anyone that does not like a table can also request (de-donminate) and it wont get selected into the pool

Edited by skids

I'll put in Champions League as my nomination.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have original and most likely busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that's a shame, but at least now the rest of us have a chance :)

I nominate:

Pokemon - The theme might not be to peoples liking but the layout is a copy of Sterns Kiss

Serious Sam - I have hardly played this... I believe the layout is based on a reversed Game of Thrones??

Maybe @JustAnotherRat can pop around with a memory stick, or I could make one up for you, if you are coming back down near Doony?

I can drop them over if you like. Do you have UltraDMD working? It's needed for Champions League, Stranger Things and Diablo.

What about Jed's game?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

It will be coming soon, Jed informs me There's a big update coming out soon for Champions league, called season 18, so we may just use the updated table if it comes out before Dec 18

It will be coming soon, Jed informs me There's a big update coming out soon for Champions league, called season 18, so we may just use the updated table if it comes out before Dec 18

it's been posted as coming soon so it's in final testing, any day now i guess.

The first version is easily the best original I've ever played, and puts a lot of genuine tables to shame.

Do companies who make pinballs make use of simulation software like VP before building ? Given VP uses actual rom dumps, once you have the code you could get a good feel for a layout before prototyping the hardware. Especially the smaller players who don't have the $reach of Stern ?

That would be good. Save skids doing it.

Here til Thursday. Anytime sir.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

good stuff, you set the high bar in these comps.

I think a few times a few got close last comp, maybe the pack is starting to make up some ground small steps...

we ought to give you the top weight. -30% from your best score. The VPGL Handicap :lol

good stuff, you set the high bar in these comps.

I think a few times a few got close last comp, maybe the pack is starting to make up some ground small steps...

we ought to give you the top weight. -30% from your best score. The VPGL Handicap :lol

Maybe I should play more than 2-5games then. Haha.

I'm not as good or dedicated as I used to be either, so that's lucky I suppose. [emoji3]

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Room for another Vpx original table?

Only seems to be a few playing....

yeah throw another one up! there's plenty to choose from.

i'm still playing but not playing the comp tables :redface just so many great new releases recently - Abra ca dabra, Centigrade 37, that new T2 is a ripper, and Jokerz also is really good.

i'll get back to the comp tables pretty shortly.

Stranger Things I'd like to play more of but it's another ultraDMD table so the same 2 billion bug. still might be good to see who can kill screen that one ;)