Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Is there any interest is a VPGL9

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was much interest around in running a VPGL9 where the return to playing Visual Pinball would be the focus?

It could be VPX only or VPX and VP9 it could be playing any version of the tables that are available in any version of Visual Pinball. If it is that only VPX tables are chosen, then they should be able to be played as either Desktop or Cabinet older versions of Visual Pinball would be required to have both desktop and cabinet versions.

I'd prefer an all inclusive competition so whatever would encourage more participants would be the way I'd like to see it.

If Skids wants to run it and continue on doing what he has done for the last few comps, that's awesome. If not maybe Jed would like to have another go? I am not trying to step on toes here... I'd just like to participate in another comp so am asking if there is interest and for feedback.

Don't know about others but I find it hard to play VP9 or TPA at all. VP10 is heaps more realistic in every way

If no comp is forthcoming then maybe we could just do a 'game of the week' type thing at random intervals just to keep some friendly competition going without committing to a whole comp.

That way anyone could post a game they want to play in a comp format.

edit: didn't see skids post :) - i'm up for whatever as long as it's VP.

TPA did get a pretty good amount of people playing though.

I still cant play vpx at the moment and I think game of the week does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've got to get you upgraded. These comps aren't the same without you ruling them.

There seems to be some more stability in VPX these days.... not as many changes happening over the top of each other at the moment.

We've got to get you upgraded. These comps aren't the same without you ruling them.

There seems to be some more stability in VPX these days.... not as many changes happening over the top of each other at the moment.

Yeah I know.

Cab has the card sitting under it.

But I need a new desktop built too.

Problem is I'm on 4th week of downtime now, not much getting done and all other work has piled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So only four people interested?

I might have to look at upgrading my duo core to a i5 and a Gtx 1050 and update to VPX

Do it :) The physics, lighting, and modeliing (well just everything) in VP10 is just so many levels better than VP9.

Just for a quick idea here's a quick look at Ninuzzu's amazing recreation of ACDC (one handed filming sorry about crap play)

https://youtu.be/AMF6Q3PPYKs

hey guys id be really interested IF 9pm was the cut off time. The short version - I get on my PC at 8pm Sunday nites. You guys might ask why dont I submit scores when I achieve them? 3 screen setup and I have progs loaded for screen capture but then it stuffs up with other process running. Phone? pain in the arse blah blah blah.

hey guys id be really interested IF 9pm was the cut off time. The short version - I get on my PC at 8pm Sunday nites. You guys might ask why dont I submit scores when I achieve them? 3 screen setup and I have progs loaded for screen capture but then it stuffs up with other process running. Phone? pain in the arse blah blah blah.

phone is pretty painless if you install the auusie arcade app you can take your pic and post it in the thread pretty easy long as you have attachment quota available for your account.

don't tell me, apps are a pain in the arse ;)

I do the photo thing and shrink the images before uploading them otherwise I take up too much precious storage space but personally I don't see why a later finish time would be a problem. It will be the same time for everyone, @acejas isn't asking for an exclusion of the rule, he is asking for a minor change to the rule. If it means more people involved I'd go for it (even though he will kick my ass.... as will @Dedrok if we can convince him to join in).

The rules for the comp you mean @Gruntis? They are pretty easy... anyone interested nominates tables to be played (usually for a period before the competitions starts but sometimes nominations stay open throughout) and then we play the selected table for a couple of weeks and upload photos/images of scores we get. There is no limit to number of games played or how many times you can upload a better score.... banter and advice is allowed throughout, it's all about having a bit of fun competing with others and in some cases spending more time playing tables that ordinarily you might skip over.... depending on how the competition is run, sometimes there are a couple of tables that are playable at the same time... it varies from competition to competition. If you've ever played in the MGL (MAME Gaming League) on Aussie Arcade (which a new one has just kicked off), this is the Visual Pinball version and is more relaxed.

Any questions... ask away... other rules will be explained depending on how the competition is run.

@Wob will have a go I'd expect, and the bloke who recently build their cabs together (not sure if he is on AA yet though).
Yep, count me in.. I'll chase up my Mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk