Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

If there's enough players interested, it would be good to start afresh, new year, new comp, but going back to the old style - 1 game per 2 weeks of play per table.

I'm not sure about format, and VP10 has thrown another possible option in there too. though at this stage, vp10 seems to be quite demanding on a system, so not everyone can run it well. So maybe vp9, pm5 ? thoughts ?

I'd say it's all in fun and open it up to any title VPX, VP9 or VP9 pm5, just show your ss and score and version used. VPX tables even running at full clip here are not any easier by any means, though obviously if a title is not available for all VP versions it should not be considered as it was.

That said perhaps if a VPX version is not available then it could still be included...I can run all VP versions, they are not mutually exclusive.

I have a feeling many VPX releases have already been contested and some VPX releases of late may not be available in earlier versions , though I'm cool with that.

Edited by StevOz

Maybe like @StevOz says, throw it open to all versions, as long as a table can be played by all. That would leave people to choose whatever version they like.

In which case I nominate:

The Walking Dead (pm5)

Metallica (pm5)

:)

I have been playing those 2 more than anything else lately. Not doing well on Metallica at all although I am learning some rules.

There's an updated TWD coming out soon with a fully 3D modelled well zombie and prison zombie. Reckon it will be a great table in a couple more revisions, is already fun just needs some cosmetic work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Maybe like @StevOz says, throw it open to all versions, as long as a table can be played by all. That would leave people to choose whatever version they like.

In which case I nominate:

The Walking Dead (pm5)

Metallica (pm5)

:)

My system cant handle sam games either. It used to be loadable but not really playable.

Is a virtual pin required for this or can it be played via a keyboard?

I don't have either at the moment but am keen to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey there,

Open to everyone, computer and keyboard, cabinet, tablet... just about playing some (virtual) pinball for fun competition, in a very casual and slightly disorganised way :)

- - - Updated - - -

My system cant handle sam games either. It used to be loadable but not really playable.

10x SAM tables it is then :lol

10x SAM tables it is then :lol

Hey :lol

I will just have to visit JAR weekly then.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a list of already played VP titles, so that we know not to nominate a title already previously contested?

VPL1 2013

1 Taxi

2 Fastdraw

3 TAF

4 Haunted House

5 Joker Poker

6 AFM

7 Flintstones

8 Abra Cadabra

VPL2 2014

1 Star Trek 25th

2 Star Wars

3 Jungle Queen

4 Funhouse

5 Ripleys

6 LOTR

7 Bride of Pinbot

8 Close Encounters

VPL3 2015

1 Road Kings

2 BSD

3 Cosmic Gunfight

4 Scared Stiff

5 STTNG

6 8 Ball Deluxe

7 Medieval Madness

8 Jacks Open

VPL4 2015

1 Flash Gordon

2 Congo

3 Cirqus Voltaire

4 Fish Tales

5 Big Brave

6 Fast Break

7 Harlem Globetrotters

8 Junk Yard

9 Roller Disco

10 ICB

Excellent. Looks like I have some reading and downloading to be done tonight.

Any friendly souls here want to steer me in the correct direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's a couple ways you can go here I think, first is follow the tutorials at vpforums.org on how to install and setup: (long and fiddly but you will get a good understanding of the nuts and bolts)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=143

Or grab this torrent whiich has all the bits you need and already a swag (800+) of tables, a quick and dirty howto guide, thoough most table revisions will be a bit old by now but it should iget you going, it's a 2.3GB download, i just checked and there's still plenty seeds:

https://kat.cr/usearch/visual%20pinball%20gigapack/

any q's just holler on this thread, someone will help !

I gave up on it last.

It seems as though Optus may have blocked my access to KAT but I managed to find a work around and just downloaded the gigapack. Will try setting it up tonight.

Again thanks for you help and hope I am not hijacking this thread. Look at it as free bumps I guess.

I gave up on it last.

It seems as though Optus may have blocked my access to KAT but I managed to find a work around and just downloaded the gigapack. Will try setting it up tonight.

Again thanks for you help and hope I am not hijacking this thread. Look at it as free bumps I guess.

No worries!

Let us know how you get on with that pack. It's the same torrent I first used a few years back when first checking out VP on a laptop, so hopefully it's still all good.