Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL3 to start January 16 - nominate your tables here

Allrighty I reckon it be time to start getting nominations together for VPGL3.

I know a few people have nominated tables already in different spots but just to get them all in the one place, please nominate here in this thread.

You can nominate 5 tables. For the sake of variety, please mix up your nominations in the form of EM, SS, and DMD tables.

For VPGL3 there will be 9 tables played - 3x EM, 3x SS, and 3x DMD. Each table will be played for 2 weeks. Please nominate tables that can be played in both formats ie desktop, and full screen (cabinet) styles.

I'm looking to kick off the comp by Friday the 16th January so that gives about 8 days to gather nominations.

Game on ! :cool:

Games played in VPGL1 and VPGL2 (exempt from nomination)

Abra Ca Dabra

Addams Family

Attack from Mars

Bride of Pinbot

Close Encounters

Fast Draw

Funhouse

Haunted House

Joker Poker

Jungle Queen

Lord of the Rings

Ripley's Believe it or Not

Star Trek 25th Anniversary Edition

Star Wars

Taxi

The Flintstones

Currrent Nominated Tables for VPGL3:

Big Bang Bar

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Breakshot

Centigrade 37

Congo

Cosmic Gunfight

Eight Ball Deluxe

El Dorado

Flash Gordon

Gladiators

Harlem Globe Trotters

Hot Doggin'

Hot Tip

Jacks Open

Junk Yard

Krull

Lethal Weapon 3

Medieval Madness

OXO

Road Kings

Rollergames

Scared Stiff

Skateball

STTNG

Target Alpha

Theatre of Magic

TOTAN

Tron Legacy

Whitewater

World Cup Soccer (Bally)(1994)

World Poker Tour

Edited by Jed

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to say ... Games already played in vpgl1 and vpgl2 can't be nominated. I'll put a list of exempt games in the first post shortly.

Good Idea.

Also, mysteriously my cab works again, so was able to update drivers and now loads properly. Yay.

I've added an exempt from nomination list in the first post.

I might change these but for now. ..

Centigrade 37 /em

Krull /ss

Flash Gordon /ss

Breakshot /dmd

Bram Stoker's Dracula /dmd

Edited by Jed

Star Trek - Next Gen

Tron Legacy

Whitewater

Eight Ball Deluxe

OXO

Hey ! Have you been looking at my favourites list :)

Well except Tron Legacy as I still haven't got the newer Sterns working on my cab :(

Hey ! Have you been looking at my favourites list :)

Well except Tron Legacy as I still haven't got the newer Sterns working on my cab :(

Star Trek may even trump my all time fav Addams Family....its close.

Tron just keeps growing on me, whats up with your cab? You have the latest .dll I suspect?

Star Trek may even trump my all time fav Addams Family....its close.

Tron just keeps growing on me, whats up with your cab? You have the latest .dll I suspect?

Not sure. I just remember I tried installing it, it threw an error, and I never tried to fix it yet :)

Addams Family is good, the Gold version I find much easier - almost got three mansion tours on it, where I struggle to get one tour on the 'regular' version.

STTNG is great. the Physmod version is even better as the mode start shot up the middle is so much easier to hit.

Agreed!

Gold is easier, but I prefer the rom from the original. Only ever got 2 mansions. physmod version is pretty cool.

Physmod STTNG is freakin amazing. cant play the other versions now. much harder though, my best STNNG is 26 bil, but find it hard to get over 2 bil with the physmod version. but it plays almost like the real thing

OXO is a very nicely done EM, I'm also enjoying Buccaneer lately.

I think the nomination list is mostly DMD and SS so far with a sprinkle of EM's.

I wish Pinuck would reappear on the scene and finish the redo of Royal Flush he has in the WIP thread as it looks freakin' amazing.

How about 2 tables run simultaneously over an 8 week period? So a pair of tables is run every two weeks.

That would make for a more focused comp I think and not so stretched out. It would providee more variety/options for people who may not be so into a certain table. Would try to make to two tables being played different genres.\

How about 2 tables run simultaneously over an 8 week period? So a pair of tables is run every two weeks.

That would make for a more focused comp I think and not so stretched out. It would providee more variety/options for people who may not be so into a certain table. Would try to make to two tables being played different genres.\

Seems like a fair call to me after all variety is the spice as they say and having the option to try one or the other when either maybe getting the better of you is a good option to have.

One other thing - I thought I should try and get Tron going seeing as it has been nominated and might come up...

I am having a nightmare of a time getting it going. I think I struck this same problem before with the newer Sterns. I have the sam.vbs, I have the right cabinet .dll, I have the Tron Stern Rom, and I have renamed it to match what is in the table script. I even tried renaming the .bin file also inside the zip as I saw that suggested on vpuniverse as a solution that helped someone but nup. I am still getting the 'can't find game name' error. I have also rerun the vpinmame setup after once more copying in the cabinet.dll but still the same error.

Driving me a tiny bit nuts :mad: if anyone can suggest a solution it would be much appreciated..

One other thing - I thought I should try and get Tron going seeing as it has been nominated and might come up...

I am having a nightmare of a time getting it going. I think I struck this same problem before with the newer Sterns. I have the sam.vbs, I have the right cabinet .dll, I have the Tron Stern Rom, and I have renamed it to match what is in the table script. I even tried renaming the .bin file also inside the zip as I saw that suggested on vpuniverse as a solution that helped someone but nup. I am still getting the 'can't find game name' error. I have also rerun the vpinmame setup after once more copying in the cabinet.dll but still the same error.

Driving me a tiny bit nuts :mad: if anyone can suggest a solution it would be much appreciated..

I can email you my Rom, script and table if you want to try that. Shoot me your details in PM.

on a side note, I'd love to be a part of this, is there some way to determine which version of the tables people are using, ie physmod or std.