Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Vpinners !

I'll make a comeback and run VPL12, probably wont look at starting it until late March.

For VPL12 i'd like to do something a bit different and run only Solid State era games. to my way of thinking and what's borne out in comps, In VP so many of the DMD era games have such long ball times that the games end up being a test of endurance than a fun quick bash.

SS having generally shorter ball times and being much less forgiving ie no ball saves, no easy EB's, makes for quicker games / retain interest. Many of the SS games (esp Sys 11's) have decent and deep enough rulesets to make for an interesting challenge.

Any thoughts on this idea for the next comp ?

I'm a sell confessed DMD fan, so doesn't really appeal to me.

If we can revert back to the shorter format I'll have a flip. I found the longer run time per table took the pressure of having a game and I didn't play nearly as much, I did always do my homework last minute.

I'm a sell confessed DMD fan, so doesn't really appeal to me.

If we can revert back to the shorter format I'll have a flip. I found the longer run time per table took the pressure of having a game and I didn't play nearly as much, I did always do my homework last minute.

I was thinking:

2 weeks per game

Games start and finish Sunday eves

10 games, SS and EM only

And back to VPX only.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I'm going to change up the scoring for this comp, taking a leaf out of the MGL's scoring system where points are awarded in single increments for placings, so:

1st: 20

2nd: 19

3rd: 18

etc

This method is good for keeping things closer and encouraging a good fight for placings :)

• 11 months later...