Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VP 1/2 way along.

Hi guys thought i'd post some picks off where im at with my project. Have completed most of the physical stuff but having some issues on the software side. (I certainly prefer the building side.) Anyhow thought id introduce myself and what im up to.

image.jpg.7e2b55cfe06d565a04201ad94b7dc9e6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e9e2563e36947ea57144ddbb3cb47231.jpg

image.jpg.b2869a154831d1e438b7a96b656723c5.jpg

This is my first virtual pin so i am going to keep it simple. No lights, coin door or weights etc.

Thanks soundasleep. I was hoping to do a three screen setup. Only using 2 atm while i work out how the dmd is setup.

Does the 3rd screen add much value to gameplay? Or it purely there cause its looks cool. Im assuming i would need a pretty decent graphic cards to run 3 screens.

Yes a 3rd screen for the DMD makes a difference. There's absolutely nothing wrong with 2 screens though and if you're game you can try some trickery and split the second screen so it shows the backglass in the top portion and the DMD in the bottom. You need some hefty hardware regardless of it being a 2 or 3 screener, but if you go for sometinbg like an nVidia GTX660 2Gb you will be fine either way.

Give me a yell if you're struggling with the software........

Thanks soundasleep. I was hoping to do a three screen setup. Only using 2 atm while i work out how the dmd is setup.

Does the 3rd screen add much value to gameplay? Or it purely there cause its looks cool. Im assuming i would need a pretty decent graphic cards to run 3 screens.

I'm running 2x 40" - mainly, cause I prefer the SS and EM era. the backglasses on them were square, so you use half the 40" mounted vertically. i really don't like the look of a horizontally stetched backglass on an SS or EM, it takes away from the look of the machine as a whole. With DMD tables you simply drag the DMD to the grille section of the backglass.

So I guess it depends on what era of pinball you like the most ?

Whatever you decide, good luck with the build. Any questions just post the and there's plenty on here to help.

• Administrators
Beat me to it - for EM or old SS tables a two screen would be the better option.

But for DMD era 3 screens kicks arse!! ;)

As I'm a bigger fan of the EM's and SS machines I tend to agree however the DMD's look awesome on a 2 screen setup using B2S backglasses!

Brad

As I'm a bigger fan of the EM's and SS machines I tend to agree however the DMD's look awesome on a 2 screen setup using B2S backglasses!

Brad

Plus you get to use all the different speaker panels for each machine, which is nice.

Cheers ozstick,

Yeah im thinking i may need to ramp up the pc i am ganna run it on. Just not cutting it.

Yeah will definantly, give you a bell. i need a new ipac anyhow so i might take a day off and stop by.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but i reckon it will add to the overall gameplay experience..

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers jammasized, will definitely have questions for sure. I'd never thought of using 40" flipped. Maximises veiwing area though. I have been convinced though, that 3 screens is what i want. It means more outlay but as they say, in for a penny in for a pound.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ganna go the 3 now. I think it gives it a better look and feel.