Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

looking for a set of roms for pinball x

hey guys, I'm sure some people will float in and tell me to goto vpforums and install tables etc. Ive seen the virtual pinball tables on ebay that come loaded with 1086 games, I imagine thats all the vertical games and all the pinball tables. Id really like to get that setup but not sure where to get alot of the roms at once, mostly for the pinball tables. theres only a few videos on youtube and those guys just ramble and makes the videos unwatchable.

Sets are normally frowned on, (I know I asked to) I had to down load them all individually!! pain in the A$$.

Its all about respecting the creators and all that, but google and torrents are your friend, just have to keep looking.

hey guys, I'm sure some people will float in and tell me to goto vpforums and install tables etc. Ive seen the virtual pinball tables on ebay that come loaded with 1086 games, I imagine thats all the vertical games and all the pinball tables. Id really like to get that setup but not sure where to get alot of the roms at once, mostly for the pinball tables. theres only a few videos on youtube and those guys just ramble and makes the videos unwatchable.
Virtual Pinball isn't that simple. A set of ROMs won't give you anything to play.

• Administrators

Visual Pinball has so many requirements and settings dependent on your hardware that its impossible to get a setup that is plug and play. You're FAR better off setting up the environment and then setting up each table as needed.

Brad

When I first started with Visual Pinball, I wanted everything... so I understand why newcomers are the same. I did get a pack thanks to the (massive) efforts of others (one in particular) and most worked out of the box but none of that pack is currently on my VPin as I've upgraded everything. It really is better to download and configure what you want when you have time otherwise you end up with heaps of stuff that you'll never use.

Dude - learn what software you are dealing with and HOW IT WORKS before you jump in here asking for something that you should know you don't need!

I really don't get these people who think that having "everything" is the way to go.........

Oh, and I just noticed that this is your first post on AA, so "welcome".:unsure

When I first started with Visual Pinball, I wanted everything... so I understand why newcomers are the same. I did get a pack thanks to the (massive) efforts of others (one in particular) and most worked out of the box but none of that pack is currently on my VPin as I've upgraded everything. It really is better to download and configure what you want when you have time otherwise you end up with heaps of stuff that you'll never use.

yeah, i can understand it too, when i first got into VP i got a torrent for desktop-only games and it was great to get going. Given how messy it can be to setup VP and how slow a process it is to download tables and all the associated bits and pieces with them, I can see why people still want packs.

some people don't want to learn and get the optimum setup, they just want to play the games. in this case i'd say go and download Pinball Arcade, forget the minefield that is VP.

VP will always be a way better and more comprehensive pinball sim, but it's not at all user friendly, and given how it's evolved, it's reasonable to see why.

I got a "pack" with "everything" in one go and had know idea what to do with it or how to get it running. It wasn't until I started from stratch that I not only got it working but learned how to set up tables and change thing, I also load 1 table at a time and make sure that it works and everything is showing up where it should be before moving on, that IMO is the best way to do it and to be honest I will probably only end up playing a dozen of the tables I have regularly the others are more just to see what they are like.

If you will forgive the tacky phrase...teach a man to fish