Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Pinball site

Collapse

Discussion on building Virtual Pinballs.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloonk View Post

to clarify i was asking if it was referring to anyone on this site
    The guy who goes under the name mini pinball australia is apparently behind that site. He is also trying to trademark the words "Virtual Pinball".

He joined AA just so he could report me and have a little rant here but hasn't posted anything since. He may well be lurking though I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I notice the site is now back. Seems like a bit of a drama queen

Brad
      What site is back? Vpinball still appears down for me. The guy doing the pack sharing seems to have his site up though.

Comment

Maybe vpuniverse will come back from limbo now...

Comment

Billy has been doing a heap of work to get VPUniverse working as required.

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
            ...talking about the TT & Ninuzzo debacle a couple years back). And losing those guys was a huge loss to the community...
            I had no idea. Trying to get my machine back up getting their tables was the thing I was looking most foward to. There work still around at lease?

Comment

Originally posted by redferatu View Post

I had no idea. Trying to get my machine back up getting their tables was the thing I was looking most foward to. There work still around at lease?
              I think some of it is, but I think their stuff is mostly shared amongst (online) friends. If you remember what you want of theirs, I can probably share it with you.

I believe they watch the community now, but I don't think they contribute, if they do it's secretly. Their work was always great and I wish their site was still around. G5K also uploaded his stuff to their site and I'm not sure that he's ever uploaded it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
                Billy has been doing a heap of work to get VPUniverse working as required.
                would be good to have another option apart from vpforums, where i got banned for 12 months for mentioning I used a Pin2DMD not to mention the auto-censorship that guy puts into his forum code so you can't post articles about products that compete with his.

not sure if this is still the case. i don't download a lot of tables any more, just if I don't have the current comp table.

Comment

No you're right, because people aren't using actual web site addresses here I got confused and loaded the wrong site
                  My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post

would be good to have another option apart from vpforums, where i got banned for 12 months for mentioning I used a Pin2DMD not to mention the auto-censorship that guy puts into his forum code so you can't post articles about products that compete with his.

not sure if this is still the case. i don't download a lot of tables any more, just if I don't have the current comp table.
                    Yep... VP Forums is crap purely because of that. As far as I know they still do it. One of the Admins on a VP Facebook page calls it the Censorship Forum.

Didn't you change your username on VPForums to Pin2DMD at one stage Jed?

Comment

Yep... VP Forums is crap purely because of that. As far as I know they still do it. One of the Admins on a VP Facebook page calls it the Censorship Forum.

Didn't you change your username on VPForums to Pin2DMD at one stage Jed?

kind of, after i noticed my simple questions about Pin2DMD got censored by his forum code [because he sells a competing product] i created a new user with the name Pin2DMDrulesOK

it got his attention, he banned that username, and he must have looked further into it and found it came from my IP address, as he banned my main account too Didn't stop me logging in and downloading via use of a private browser window though.

Comment

Of all the sites I have never felt comfortable contributing in any way. Which is a shame, because I like to be a part of it. Monstarbash I felt okay though and was happy donating from time to time.

... If you remember what you want of theirs, I can probably share it with you...
                        Thanks, that would be awesome. I found that the tables on their site were the best to play, it felt like they got the dimensions to be fun, maybe not correct. Probably had 50 hours on their MM alone. I just need to get back into it.

It is the first cab of the rank post renovations and the arcade is next room. So it should get a massive workout again.

Comment

Of all the sites I have never felt comfortable contributing in any way. Which is a shame, because I like to be a part of it. Monstarbash I felt okay though and was happy donating from time to time.

Thanks, that would be awesome. I found that the tables on their site were the best to play, it felt like they got the dimensions to be fun, maybe not correct. Probably had 50 hours on their MM alone. I just need to get back into it.

It is the first cab of the rank post renovations and the arcade is next room. So it should get a massive workout again.
                          I remember when they created Ghostbusters and there was no way to emulate it and I thought to myself, why wouldn't they create something else, spend their time creating a game that we can actually play because all of their other creations were awesome... then later came the hack and I was so happy that they had done the ground work.

Comment

I remember when they created Ghostbusters and there was no way to emulate it and I thought to myself, why wouldn't they create something else, spend their time creating a game that we can actually play because all of their other creations were awesome... then later came the hack and I was so happy that they had done the ground work.
                            And then Ghostbusters was pretty short-lived online when it was done, and has now passed in whispered requests from player to player...

Since gathering VR versions of tables lately (there's a large amount being uploaded to VPUniverse in the last day or two) i'm noticing some snowballing from randr's little tantrum, now some content creators are pulling their work from sites... which is just stupid, punishing the whole community because of the actions of a few people selling pincabs.

And so the Visual Pinball drama queens have a whole swarm of bees in their bonnets again

Comment

VR for vpx. Man I need to get back into this. I don't have a PC powerful enough or vr headset though. I'll have to buy some bit coin in the hope elon our savoir tweets "btc lol".

Comment

VR for vpx. Man I need to get back into this. I don't have a PC powerful enough or vr headset though. I'll have to buy some bit coin in the hope elon our savoir tweets "btc lol".
                                VP in VR is 100% jaw dropping just seriously amazing, like standing in front of and playing the actual machine and the detail is insane.

now i need to build a 'stubby pin' for VR, fark it never ends. Just when i thought i was out.....I get dragged back in.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X