Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 43" 4k Chiq TV for Virtual Pinball Playfield

Collapse

Discussion on building Virtual Pinballs.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what did you do to fix the problem?
    Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Hey Acejas,
      I bought a new HDMI cable from an electronics shop. Not a dear one ($10), but the guy who sold it to me guaranteed it would be completely 4K capable. I also got a call back from Chiq customer support who suggested I change the HDMI port settings to ver 2 instead of auto. Unfortunately I’ve been very time poor and now I’m away from home so I haven’t done the final step of working out which fix was the one that worked. My money’s on the cable but I’ll post an update in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by acejas View Post
        So what did you do to fix the problem?
        Finally a bit more time to fiddle with my virtual cab. Sooooo....the problem actually wasn't the cable and it wasn't which port I used. The fix from Chiq was the thing that worked. I've just tried another HDMI port and kept the setting as Auto. Suddenly no 60hz on high resolutions. Forced the port to ver 2.0 and ta da suddenly 60hz again. Have to say I'm happy now. Viewing angle is good, picture is good and lag is good. The perfectionist in me wonders what things would be like on a true 43" computer monitor running at 144hz but I don't feel like shelling out $2,400 for an Asus PG43UQ or something similar! Bang for buck, the Chiq U4310 was a good buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogo View Post

Finally a bit more time to fiddle with my virtual cab. Sooooo....the problem actually wasn't the cable and it wasn't which port I used. The fix from Chiq was the thing that worked. I've just tried another HDMI port and kept the setting as Auto. Suddenly no 60hz on high resolutions. Forced the port to ver 2.0 and ta da suddenly 60hz again. Have to say I'm happy now. Viewing angle is good, picture is good and lag is good. The perfectionist in me wonders what things would be like on a true 43" computer monitor running at 144hz but I don't feel like shelling out $2,400 for an Asus PG43UQ or something similar! Bang for buck, the Chiq U4310 was a good buy.
          Thanks for sharing.... I'm still not 100% sure that I'll bite the bullet on this one, but I am getting more tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogo View Post
            The perfectionist in me wonders what things would be like on a true 43" computer monitor running at 144hz but I don't feel like shelling out $2,400 for an Asus PG43UQ or something similar! Bang for buck, the Chiq U4310 was a good buy.
            I Hear ya, the 43" market is flooded atm and will only get cheaper and better. You might be surprised by Chiq! I was talking to a local gamer and showed me his ubeaut 43" (LG) blah blah and was really disappointed compared to his old 40" TV (both 4k).

Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X