Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing help with some hardware upgrades and minor software tweaks.

Collapse

Discussion on building Virtual Pinballs.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing help with some hardware upgrades and minor software tweaks.

G'day everyone. Mark from Sydney here. I've been flipping away for a few years on VP/FP on the laptop, and now I've finally bought a fairly decently priced combo pinball/arcade cabinet. Is anyone here in Sydney, possibly close to the Hurstville area? I'm pretty up to speed making adjustments, adding tables and ROMS on VP or MAME on my computer, but I really have to add nudge sensors, SSF, a few more buttons for easier boot up/exit (currently under the table, and you have to hold two in tandem like it's NORAD's computer system launching a missile) and maybe even a beefier pc into the cabinet itself. The arcade and console side of things are awesome, but the pinball could use a completely fresh VPX install, PuP packs and all the other shiny stuff, as it has a few years old VP9 setup. Meanwhile, I'm on my laptop playing Ghostbusters, Shrek, the cool Ultra DMD games like the Kiss tribute, and all the older but upgraded VPX tables. Also, I connected a USB keyboard and mouse to have a look at the set-up so I can add more tables, and now I can't boot up from Windows desktop to Pinball X (which was done by holding down the Player 1 button) or from Windows to Hyperspin for the arcade games (holding down player 2). I think it has something to do with the X-Padder program, which started up and gave some warning when I connected the USB receiver,(it hadn't done this previously at all during any phase of operating the machine, but possibly did because it recognised the USB receiver as a joystick/keyboard/mouse?) so I closed program dialogue box (not sure if the program was on start or exit, but I have restarted it, with the box ticked last known profile(and re-booted the whole thing) Windows desktop, yep. Games, nope. Sorry for the first post to be such a word salad.

Give me a call - we can have a chat and I can hopefully point you in the right direction. If I happen to sell you a few parts then that would be a bonus for me!

Cheers,
    Chris
    OzStick Home Arcade Solutions
    www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Cheers, Chris. I bought a USB arcade controller and a few other parts from you a few years back, and I've interacted with you once or twice on FB. I was hoping you would see this post. I was actually going to send you a message via your website. Thanks, and I'll touch base with you very shortly.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
      Working...
      X