Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtf

Collapse

Discussion on building Virtual Pinballs.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf

Vpinball.com is blocked to Aust because if some guy called Update Your Browser | Facebook

Ripping off other people's work looks like
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190712-130246_Firefox.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1912655

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Yeah, a guy by the name of David Gilmore sells cabs under the name of RetroPlay and has the pinball cabs loaded with tables etc. even though he himself used to bag out others for the same thing.

VPinball decided that the best way to stop him is to block 3 countries.
    Last edited by JustAnotherRat; 12 July 2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Now that's how you do 'name'n'shame'. Make 3 countries aware
      - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

Hmmmm, that will stop him.

And they don't think he would have downloaded a copy already or have access to a copy in one of the many machines he has built using it?...

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
          Hmmmm, that will stop him.

And they don't think he would have downloaded a copy already or have access to a copy in one of the many machines he has built using it?...
          He has actually created (I assume with help) an app that will download the required files from the site for his customers. So they can choose on their phone what tables they want and it will download them to the cab they bought off of him. I guess this stops them being able to download from them.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
            He has actually created (I assume with help) an app that will download the required files from the site for his customers. So they can choose on their phone what tables they want and it will download them to the cab they bought off of him. I guess this stops them being able to download from them.
            Depends on how they have blocked it. Simply changing your DNS in Windows to 0.0.0.0 will likely bypass the block. If not, a simple VPN will.

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post
              Depends on how they have blocked it. Simply changing your DNS in Windows to 0.0.0.0 will likely bypass the block. If not, a simple VPN will.
              I know there are work arounds, but for people that are purchasing a "compled package" as they don't have the ability to set on up themself, then I don't expect them to know how to work around it.

In any case, it looks like the site is accessible now again anyway.

Comment

Only takes one to **** it up for the majority.

Comment

carnt help himself
                  its all about this
                  https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=1QkVWLP5fpY

remove the spaces after you
                  its a taboo thing to talk about but its good to play
                  Last edited by martymoose; 12 July 2019, 07:58 PM. Reason: make link not work

Comment

Dunno whether they had a change of heart, but I was able to download files from VPinball this afternoon, AFTER reading on Facebook about the apparent geoblock.

I'll call Dave and see whether he's aware of the hornet nest he appears to have disturbed. For the record, he's actually a good bloke and far from the only person on the planet doing "this sort of thing".
                    www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

probably is mate
                      But they dropped him in it
                      the youtube was not a smart move
                      as he would known about the beatles and ghostbuster issues

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X