Dr who balls jamming in multiball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr who balls jamming in multiball.

Anyone who came to my meet last month would've noticed DR WHO was playing up and was later switch off.
    The issue was the balls were jamming up somewhere every now n then when in multiball.

They seemed to be jamming up just before the VUK area.
    I checked and cleaned the opto's first but the issue was still there.

There is a steel chute underneath the playfield that is the junction where the subway from the mini playfield meets the gobble hole from the pops and exits to the cup of the VUK plunge.
    This was the place to start.
    See pic...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1902954

Looking closer at the end of the chute you can see a lip that's not much but enough to snag a ball on.

See pic...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1902955

After filing down the lip and tightening up the VUK (stopping any slop in the movement which has caused this) and re assembling, the issue is now gone

Thanks for posting this info... We need more posts like this as they educate everyone. I've seen a Dr who with the same symptoms and only had a minute to look... Next time I will know what to look for!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. Good to hear you've fixed it up.
      Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

Glad you found the issue Mark. Guess it wasn't the weight of the 3rd ball after all!

http://www.afpinball.com
        "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

Thank you, Mark for your marvellous skills and getting my Dr Who running smoothly again

Comment

Originally posted by Fairground View Post
            Thank you, Mark for your marvellous skills and getting my Dr Who running smoothly again
            Are the credit dots gone? Now you can play it in all it's glory!
            The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

Comment

Originally posted by ocyen View Post
              Glad you found the issue Mark. Guess it wasn't the weight of the 3rd ball after all!
              No, but it was a good thought.

Comment

Originally posted by toads View Post
                Anyone who came to my meet last month would've noticed DR WHO was playing up and was later switch off.
                The issue was the balls were jamming up somewhere every now n then when in multiball.

They seemed to be jamming up just before the VUK area.
                I checked and cleaned the opto's first but the issue was still there.

There is a steel chute underneath the playfield that is the junction where the subway from the mini playfield meets the gobble hole from the pops and exits to the cup of the VUK plunge.
                This was the place to start.
                See pic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127293[/ATTACH]

Looking closer at the end of the chute you can see a lip that's not much but enough to snag a ball on.

See pic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127294[/ATTACH]

After filing down the lip and tightening up the VUK (stopping any slop in the movement which has caused this) and re assembling, the issue is now gone
                I hope you polished out all that horrible rust and gunk

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X