Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Demo Man, STNG and Spirit of 76

• Super Moderator

These machines all had problems over the mega meet. Got stuck into them last night and thought I would list the problems/fixes here:

Spirit 76 - score motor was running continually when switched on. Machine was trying to reset player 2 thousands score reel. I manually moved it back to zero and problem fixed. duh. if i was semi sober on the night would have realised this, fixed it and then limited to one player games until the meet was over. A bit more testing reveals its not the usual score reel problem. There is no voltage getting to the coil in the reset process - it is scoring fine so the coil works but I suspect a problem (wiring) between the z1 reset relay and the score reel - will update when i find it.

STNG - was shooting a couple of balls out. connector had half come off the 7 opto trough board. reseat fixed this prob. doh, another easy one.

Demo Man - was resetting and factory restoring. no coils working.

The reset was coming from the PDB to CPU connectors - 4.96 volts on PDB and 4.78 at pin 32 on CPU board. reseating the cable fixed but I will have to replace these IDC connectors.

The battery holder was faulty (factory restoring) - I ended up removing it and installing an external battery holder. F112 was blown and fixing this got the coil power back. I noticed the kick out hole lower left was not poweful enough to kick the ball out. pulled it apart and gave it a good clean up - it has been oiled and the oil had turned to black greasy glue, coil was fine and worked fine on reassembly - suspect this was what blew F112.

game is fine now but have decided it's due for a good shop out - might get some LEDS into it at the same time.

will tackle the bowler over the w/e (hate working on it :x) so always find a reason not too lol

• Administrators

will tackle the bowler over the w/e (hate working on it :x) so always find a reason not too lol

Come on mate, you gotta fix the bowler for the 2nd annual Mega Meat......It's the only bloody machine I have any chance in the world of beating Jas on! (Or anyone else come to think of it!)

Dave

• Super Moderator
Come on mate, you gotta fix the bowler for the 2nd annual Mega Meat......It's the only bloody machine I have any chance in the world of beating Jas on! (Or anyone else come to think of it!)

Dave

yeah its next. spirit 2nd player 100's score reel was a switch making poor contact due to low pressure. it looked fine visually but meter revealed it. and i need to get some more angle on the PF, its too slow. gonna try 27" on the front and 28.5" on the back.

medusa 20 amp went again - isolated to GI playfield short - it will be a pain to find. I hate GI shorts.