Flash Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Repairs

I thought I would docuement my repairs and ask for help in a seperate thread to the Ebay one

Intially problems
    Left flipper not working
    Ball return not working
    Fuse F3 blowing on the power supply
    Faulty player one score display

Replace a 7408 on the driver board which now has the ball return working. I found the fuse would blow as there was excessive currentt draw as the coils would stay energised due to the faulty IC.

But now the drop target bank wont reset?

Still have not looked at the left flipper, coil seems okay.

Trust me on this one, pull all the drop targets apart, clean and adjust them. They caused me nothing but problems when I was doing my flash.
    WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

Originally posted by humpalot View Post
      Trust me on this one, pull all the drop targets apart, clean and adjust them. They caused me nothing but problems when I was doing my flash.
      I will do that tomorrow, thanks

Comment

Left flipper going now with a new coil from boxerdog and some cleaning of the EOS. All flippers now working the will just need a rebuild at some point.

The drop targets will not reset or energise so I replaced the TIP122 and the smaller transistor on Q17,19 and 21 plugged the board back in and Q17 went bang and the resistors cooked on 17 and 19.

Any ideas?

Comment

When I repaired my flash I made myself a JAMMA harness (YES THATS RIGHT) so I could fire up the MPU and Driver board on my bench. Then I used the test rom and followed the guide. Was a piece of piss with the test rom.
          http://pinball.flippers.info/system6repairpart5.asp

Comment

Its Alive

Well I now have a fully functioning flash after a few issues.

Replaced Q17 and 19 transitors and burnt resistors.

Replaced all the diodes on the three drop target solenoids

Shut my eyes and turned it on, no bang. The three bang drop target solenoid was still constantly energised. On an off chance the 7408 I replaced was kaput I pulled it out and put and new one. Luckly I put a socket in so this IC was easy to change.

Turned it on and checked all the coils and switches, and it all works.

Moved it into the games room set it to five balls and had a few goes. No to work out if I can set it to free play.

Cost to date
            Pinball $475
            Freight $366
            Rubber Kit $15 plus frieght
            Coil $15
            IC, resitors and transistors with a few spares $15

Total $886

Photos to come soon

Comment

Great news Sean, A good cheap pinball for your collection. Those 7408 on the driver boards seem to be a very common fault with a burnt out coil taking out the transistor and most cases the 7408, sometimes as far as the 6821 processor.
              Whats next for the pinball collection. Swords of Fury or a Black Knight 2000

Comment

Originally posted by boxerdogforever View Post
                Whats next for the pinball collection. Swords of Fury or a Black Knight 2000

More system 11 or what ever I find that suits my tight arse budget to this day I have never spent more than $900 on a pin. It shows with a little paitence you will find them at the right price

Swords of Fury looks interesting.

Pics of the flash are here.
                http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopos...ry.php?cat=519

My collection is now all Williams
                Liberty Bell(EM)
                Flash
                Fire
                Jokerz

Comment

this is why i like the old pinballs.. easy to work on.
                  The HillDweller

Comment

Nice work on the Flash. Looks like a fun game, I've never seen one in the flesh. Never seen a swords of fury either, but played it in VPMame and it's quite fun in there, it's on my list of machines to eventually own.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X