Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playfield angle

Hi,
    Is there a recommended angle for the playfields or is it specific to the particular machine?
    I have a system 1 Gottlieb Solar ride and the ball regularly gets stuck.

Originally posted by antali2
    Hi,
    Is there a recommended angle for the playfields or is it specific to the particular machine?
    I have a system 1 Gottlieb Solar ride and the ball regularly gets stuck.
    Not sure, sounds reasonable and I'm curious about this, so I've asked elsewhere as well.

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showth...323#post351323

Comment

Originally posted by StevOz
      Not sure, sounds reasonable and I'm curious about this, so I've asked elsewhere as well.

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showth...323#post351323
      http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ighlight=angle

Comment

Thank Steve0z & Pescefritte,
        Thats a great help.
        azpinball536 on the other forum was correct about the gate causing the problem.
        I'll dig out my inclination meter and set it to 6.5 degrees.
        Its really great to get the answers so quickly. Thanks again for your help

Comment

This is no help to the question, but I found that if the angle on my theatre of magic was too steep, the trap door would miss fire or put another way, I could hear the ball hit the roof of the door as the trap door would not open first time, then it opens and the ballpops out. This would happen every time. I did a cabinet decal job and put back the legs prior to the problem occuring. So after a couple of weeks of thinking what th eproblem could be I decided to check the level and lessened the slope. No more problem. So hopefully this helps someone with a similar problem and reckons they tried everything but maybe not this.

Comment

So where do you buy these Plalyfield measuring tools in Aus. A lot of playfields must be set wrong out there, I have never measured the slant in mine .The side to side (spirit level) yes. Is it called an inlcometre ? Would like to get mine at the right level
            sigpic

Comment

Side to side just place a pinball on the playfield above the lock down bar.. If the ball rolls to the left, drop the right leveller etc..

Comment

Originally posted by woka View Post
                Side to side just place a pinball on the playfield above the lock down bar.. If the ball rolls to the left, drop the right leveller etc..
                Yes thats easy but what about back to front, getting the 6.5 degree?
                sigpic

Comment

think what you're after is an Inclinometer

[edit] You could always do it using geometry...measure the hight of the front of the playfield, measure the hight of the back, measure the length, get out your old high school maths books......

Comment

I bought one from a tool stall at Carrara Markets. Cost about $5.
                    sigpic

Comment

just bought one from egay for $6.00

Comment

old thread but ive been looing for an inclometer...anyone know where i can buy one?

went to Bunnings and were $44 - too rich for me

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INCLINOMETER-...sid=p1638.m123

dont know if that would work

I know you can buy at macro or pinrestore but dont want to pay all that postage
                        Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Don't they have them for 4WD's? Maybe Supercheap Auto or similar?
                          "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X